LCD interface communitation: Which is delivered by the CPU board directly?

mclien

Very Active Member
I stumbled across this project on hackaday:
https://hackaday.io/project/4042-psio
After making contact with the guy he is considering to use the Pyra CPU board there. His first question was which interface is used to communicate with the LCD/ video is broke out to the CPU board connectors?
(I guess it's findable somewhere, but I'm to stupid to find it and someone of you knows it right away)

Thanks

I also have an idea for a couple devices that use the Pyra CPU board. The one I am most likely to consider more seriously is kind of a tablet. It would be really stripped down compared to the Pyra, and wouldn't have game controls, but I figured it might be fun for a handful of people, and eventually it could give people something to do with the old board once they upgrade their Pyra.

Since I love palmtops I am very interested in the linked project (and it isn't a thumb keyboard, so it could be great for "real work").

on the last gamescom in Köln I was talking to ED about using the old Palm III devices for that. Convert the old serial connector of that to USB and use a modified foldable keyboard with that (I already have started to convert those old things into an usb keyboard)

on the last gamescom in Köln I was talking to ED about using the old Palm III devices for that. Convert the old serial connector of that to USB and use a modified foldable keyboard with that (I already have started to convert those old things into an usb keyboard)
Another awesome idea.

Depends. If you think of it (and other old PDAs in question) this way: use it basicly for tasks/ programs with low power/ resoucre need on the go by using the "small" cores and whenever you put it in the dock at home, switch to the "big" cores and got for power tasks.
BTW, ED: what's needed to make you produce some more of the CPU boards for these ideas?
And of course it would be very cool to have that getting real, because of you planning the Pyra to be modular!

I think Nikolaus plans to sell these CPU Boards himself as well. Nothing much is needed except for contacting me first so I can produce them with the next batch (in case we don't have enough in storage)

Reactions: rSl
I think Nikolaus plans to sell these CPU Boards himself as well. Nothing much is needed except for contacting me first so I can produce them with the next batch (in case we don't have enough in storage)

Do we get to know what the planned alternate uses for the Pyra CPU board are? I.e. what will Pyra's sister products be?

Do we get to know what the planned alternate uses for the Pyra CPU board are? I.e. what will Pyra's sister products be?

Nikolaus offers custom hardware designs, so if a company would need a specially created computer, he could create a mainboard that uses the same CPU board.

Reactions: rSl
Back