Order Gp2x Breakout Board In The U.s.?

vaustein

I tried ordering the GP2X Breakout Board (b-board) from GamerSection.ca in Vancouver, but they use PayPal which doesn't like my legit MasterCard. I'd rather not order airmail from UK again, no offense to Craig and co. Are there any reliable vendors for this item in the U.S.?

BTW, the ad at gp2x.co.uk mentions using the GP2X + b-board as a "DIVX system". What is a DIVX system? The "MAME cabinet" and "classic computer" project ideas make perfect sense, although an "OGG/MP3 sound system" based on the GP2X seems a touch infeasible.

My project idea is to get a cheap plastic project enclosure from Radio Shack and arrange three items within the enclosure:
- the b-board,
- the GP2X with TV-Out cable attached, and
- a USB hard drive connected
then space the items so the video connectors on the b-board could be exposed outside the enclosure. Does the b-board have a VGA port? I'll probably be attaching the project case to an LCD monitor at first.

Any thoughts on this too-simplistic idea?

Yeah, BigEmu is great. That's where I bought my GP2X from. I was kinda weary of buying a GP2X from eBay though. However, if I were you I would wait till the fancy BoB docking station comes out.
Edit: I just actually read your idea, and unless the fancy BoB has a lot of extra space in it, it would not work for that. So yeah, go with the dev BoB.

Back