Left nub doesn't move the mouse and another question.

SoulFire9001

I received my Pandora yesterday, and I have some questions. First, however, later that night, the left nub stopped moving the mouse for some reason. It's still responsive on the pcsx-rearmed emulator. How do I fix that? If there is a topic about this already, just link it to me, please. I did a search about it on the forum to see if there was anything related, but I was too lazy to look through all the results.

As I was reading through the forums I was reading about some problems with the latest hotfixes that others were having. I haven't done anything yet to my pandora except install the codec pack, and I was wondering what would be the safest updates to install from SuperZaxxon Release 1.5?

EDIT: Welp, figured out the nub part. It was set to joystick when I looked on settings : /.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to reset your nubs using the Pandora button, then use the dpad or stylus to select settings, In there you want Pandora Nub Configurator, reset them and set left nub as mouse movement, right nub as mouse buttons.

The newest Beta 3 is probably the best OS out there right now, its better than the earlier betas from Hotfix 7.

The Pandora Nub Configurator should already be on the Pandora by default.

To explain what has happened: the nubs can operate in "relative" mode or "absolute" mode. Relative mode is mouse mode: it starts at centre, and then adds or subtracts from the positional value depending on how much the nub is moved. Absolute mode returns exactly the value (from -32 to +32) of the nub. Relative mode is useful for mouse motion and is required for cursor movement on the desktop, absolute mode is good for joysticks. When an application starts, it records the current mode, changes the mode to what it needs to use, and (in theory) restores the original mode when it's done. Games that need mouse style input will set the nubs to "relative", games (and pcsx emulators) that need joystick style input will set the nubs to "absolute" mode.

Unfortunately, sometimes the application sets the mode, and then crashes before it has a chance to restore. It shouldn't happen often, and if it does you should see about telling the author of the program that it crashed, but really there's not much you can do except manually reset the nubs as described above.

Back