Left Shoulder Button Of Ds Lite Is Stuck....

Bramrash

Anyone know how to fix it without opening it? I'm gonna sell it on ebay along with my GP2X, as I just preordered a pandora (hope i'm in the first 3000 :D )

What happens is i press it in, but then it sticks and i have to nudge it out again before I press it in again. I'm not overly bothered as I'm selling it, but would be nice to not have to put "the shoulder button is a bit dodgy" because otherwise it is in great condition.

Cheers guys.

Had trouble with my unit. But after two weeks it regenerated.
There always big amount of DS games that work cool without shifts.

1. You can replace left shift with working one. (finding repair guy)

2. Sell your DSl, and buy(wait for) DSi with bigger screens :D

You could carefully use some WD40 or other oil, but be sure to take something that doesn't eat plastic, or your DS might end up worse (test in the battery bay). If that doesn't help, you have to open it. Probably the spring that should push the shoulder button back, has left it's position.It could also be that the switch itself has come bad. Replacing it requires good soldering skills.

It is hard to obtain drarwen craftsman with soldering skills these day?

Cheers guys. I chose the "keep bashing it, it can't get worse" approach..... and now the button seems fine :huh: . Anyway, I'm now going to avoid using the button untill I sell it, and if anyone here is planning on buying one then I'm not gonna say which one's mine, think of it as Russian roulette.

Cheers for the help guys.

quasist said:
It is hard to obtain drarwen craftsman with soldering skills these day?
Yeah, it's pretty hard to find a sensible dwarven craftsman at all. They're all in their underground fortresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bramrash said:
what?.....dwarves don't live underground, thats eskimos.... :angry:
I thought eskimo`s lived in igloos ?, Rats, Rabbits, Badgers and foxes (Amongst others) live under ground.

Trooper

quasist said:
2. Sell your DSl, and buy(wait for) DSi with bigger screens :D
Those look quite nice, I don't see the need for the crappy cameras though...

Squirrel61 said:
Btw. changed your avatar? I never liked the old one.
You mean the other ones? He's had quite a few freaky looking things over the past month. :)

Back