Hardware Left shoulder button sticking (1ghz silver)

CapcomSuicide

Hi,

I believe there were issues with the original Pandora, but couldn't find a thread on the 1Ghz version.

Basically the left shoulder button sticks on, perhaps 20-30% of the time. I can pull it back out, and carry on using it.

Any tips for troubleshooting this one?

Thanks.

I know what to do, but it's hard to explain... basically, open the unit, use a drill bit (I think size 4 or 5, the one that exactly fits the hole of the shoulderbutton) and widen it a bit (NOT using a drill!, just using your hand!)
Additionally, you might have to cut a bit on the sides of the shoulderbutton... hard to explain where exactly.

Just, (carefully) screew the 5 Screews on the Top loose, than carefully lift of the Batterie Compatment
you can easely loose the tiny on of switch (a plastic peace)..
I think, that there is just a foampad loose, so this should be easy to fix..

i made this some months yeahrs ago, when i got my Pandora, and the Shoulderbutton ditnt worked

I think, the first minutes of this Video should explain how to open the Openpandora..

Be careful with the screws, the heads are very fragile. I opened my unit once and there are some screws that I now can't really screw/unscrew anymore.

Be careful with the screws, the heads are very fragile. I opened my unit once and there are some screws that I now can't really screw/unscrew anymore.

This happens if the screwdrives you used it too small.
With a proper screwdriver you can unscrew and rescrew them more than 10 times without any problems.

I think, that there is just a foampad loose, so this should be easy to fix..
I don't think GHz units made in Germany have a foampad in them. Mine doesn't. But sometimes (if I drop the unit just right) I can get a shoulder pad stuck on the case, which I think is the problem ED's post addresses.

I don't think GHz units made in Germany have a foampad in them. Mine doesn't. But sometimes (if I drop the unit just right) I can get a shoulder pad stuck on the case, which I think is the problem ED's post addresses.
Mine has the foam pads on either side of the battery, maybe early ones didn't?

Yes, mine has foam pads there. although I had to supplement them with little wads of paper to stop the battery shifting whenever I moved the unit. I think matzesu was referring to the foam pads that are on the shoulder pads on some early units though.

The good news: The L button "Facing the switch" part was badly machined and I used some tape to make a foam pad. This fixed the issue. The bad news: The screw near the stylus would not come off, and it burred. Two of the other screws also now don't "Bite" properly. I never normally damage plastic/metal screws, so i don't know what I did wrong. The other screws are holding and the pandora is fine.

Yepp i revered too the older units as i still have a first batch..
This got some foampads in its shoulderbuttons..
Ditnt knowd that the newer Units ditnt have foampads..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The bad news: The screw near the stylus would not come off, and it burred. Two of the other screws also now don't "Bite" properly. I never normally damage plastic/metal screws, so i don't know what I did wrong. The other screws are holding and the pandora is fine.

Yeah, three of my screws jammed in the hole and wouldn't come out. ED claims it's because we're using too small a screwdriver, but I usually test a number of screwdrivers to get the right match, and using the screw that did come out okay, I confirmed that it's head didn't fit in the hole, and ended up replacing the screws and boring out the hole a little. I blame the paint personally, so this should be less of an issue on our Pyras.

Yeah, three of my screws jammed in the hole and wouldn't come out. ED claims it's because we're using too small a screwdriver, but I usually test a number of screwdrivers to get the right match, and using the screw that did come out okay, I confirmed that it's head didn't fit in the hole, and ended up replacing the screws and boring out the hole a little. I blame the paint personally, so this should be less of an issue on our Pyras.

I tried three screwdrivers and ended up with the only one that could fit in the hole and the head. It seemed to break very quickly. I am quite sure that Ed is right about the screwdriver, as he has opened up thousands of units. But it seems a bit of weakness if it can be broken so easily. Not to worry, and yes, Pyra (I'm a day 1 pre-order) will not have these issues. The shoulder buttons look great too! :)

Back