Legacy Racing

jmetal88 said:
Ravnos said:
Gruso said:
Might as well mention Outrun straight away. And if you're into the bike thing, Hang On and Road Rash. I'd donate a kidney for a new Road Rash sequel.

All great games, but I'm in no hurry to see another Road Rash game. The series has sucked ever since it moved off of the Genesis/MD into the 32-bit generation of consoles.

Hey now, it was awesome on the 3DO, and that was 32-bit!

I never played that version. I asked my mom for a 3DO for Christmas one year, she took a look at the price and laughed at me. :( But I thought the PSX version was crap, and I was under the impression that it was based on the 3DO one. Whatever, I guess if other people enjoyed it, that's good for them. I'm just saying, I'd rather not see a new Road Rash game unless they can do it right for a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the whole bike buying thing from the PSX version. It'd be cool if they added in an upgrade system in a new version, upgrade your bike with dangerous and illegal modifications.

My personal favourite classic racing game is Outrun: 2019, that got so much play time on my GP32.

Road Rash for 3DO was sweet. I think better than on the other systems. There was talk of a DS road rash and there is a video up on you tube but it never happened.

Downhill domination for ps2 was pretty amazing

Stunts/4D sports driving was the racing game of my youth, I still hum the music of the main menu every now and then.
Used to spend hours designing tracks that would make my car fly of into the air in the most spectacular ways.

Geuben said:
Badlands for the Atari ST was a favourite of mine.

I wrote the Spectrum and AmstradCPC versions of that! :) The guy who did the ST and Amiga versions, Barry Costas, is one the best games programmers I ever worked with. I learned a lot from him.

Loved Namco Rally-X, a top down 2D maze chase game, from the makers of Pac Man. Leaving oil slicks and smoke screens was cool, or so I thought 30 years ago, good times.

1181242155310.jpg

1181242155317.png

When the arcade died, so did a part of me, lol.

Unfathomable Depths said:
Geuben said:
Badlands for the Atari ST was a favourite of mine.

I wrote the Spectrum and AmstradCPC versions of that! :) The guy who did the ST and Amiga versions, Barry Costas, is one the best games programmers I ever worked with. I learned a lot from him.
Explains your PowerSlide game, looking at Badlands' screenshots I even recognize some of the race tracks :) Hooka should interview you, I have a feeling you have a lot of nice stories to share :)

Dimacus said:
Stunts/4D sports driving was the racing game of my youth, I still hum the music of the main menu every now and then.
Used to spend hours designing tracks that would make my car fly of into the air in the most spectacular ways.
That game was awesome!

The first I ever played was Grand Prix Circuit, the CGA-Version, but there are probably better games.

Back