Less than 1 month and purple tint already?

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
I was installing a couple things with pndmanager and I noticed the screen would turn purple for a second when downloading but it went back to normal quickly. Upon exiting, everything was purple now and that's how it stayed.

Guess it's the LCD ribbon?

I actually just got the unit after doing the cross-upgrade through ED's store. Looks like I got a bad cable since that's kinda soon for this to happen.

How hard is it to replace these things as I really don't want to send this out for repair?

It's actually pretty easy. New LCD cables come with the speakers attached, so you don't need to have a soldering iron anymore.

Send your Pandora to Link. You're better off having someone else do it as its quite tedious getting the LCD case off.

Couple of updates to that vid, if you've a recent unit, other than the lack of soldering required. Firstly, the LCD cable is stuck to the LCD using a sticky pad rather than tape these days, but you can get that off with a thin knife and a bit of care. Whatever you replace it with make sure it's slim, cos space in there is tight and will result in an odd bulge in the LCD fascia otherwise. Secondly the hinge end that ED pushes into the case in an instant will be quite a lot tighter on an unopened unit, but it will go back into the hinge eventually.

i would send it to link if your close to him you wouldn't be with out your pandora for more then afew days

It's actually pretty easy. New LCD cables come with the speakers attached, so you don't need to have a soldering iron anymore.
Hmm... I don't think so when it comes to the 5:03-6:09 minute part in the video.  I broke my inner lid there and had to order a new case.  But it was fun as my Pandora has mutated after that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back