lesstif and xpdf

vandyswa

I was surprised to find Motif (well, lesstif) missing. It ported OK (well, the configure script insisted on trying to build the regression tests, but WTF) and I have xpdf running on top of it now. libXm.so is about 5 megs, is that why this library was left off?

I keep a /usr/local filesystem on SD slot 0, so for me it's easier to port Unix-style and just have the libraries and binaries in the filesystem. I understand that PND's are considered the "real" way to package functionality for the Pandora, and in the background I'm finding out about how to take a regular port and package it that way.

Andy

Well there is only 512MB on NAND, and some free space is needed so that ubifs could avoid having to use the same blocks over and over when writes happen to reduce wear, so it's not desirable to fill NAND with things not everyone needs. And I don't even have libXm on my desktop machine, so it's surely not something everyone needs.

When making a .pnd, you can just add the libs to ./lib/ directory and they should be added to library path automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back