Letcool N350Jp

Several people already request product add in dealextreme but I don't know how long it will take to stock.

I bought mine at hopebuy, they sent it real fast...
Also; to the Netherlands atleast, there's no import tax or anything for handheld game consoles from china. I called customs to check ;)

was the value of the parcel written on the outside of the box from hopebuy or goldenbridge?
if so, how much was it?

Someone needs to hack this to get homebrew on it. It looks better than the Dingoo and from what I'm reading has better controls. Now if it was just possible to play some real emulators/homebrew on it.

I'm debating getting it right now because I think the price might go up when it becomes useful, what does everyone here think?

I don't know if anybody picked up on this, but I saw it on the Chinavasion pageL
- Future Downloadable Gaming Consoles

I think I know what they're getting at...
This thing looks quite good. I can't wait to see how things develop!

i love the fact it can use an official nokia mobile phone battery. it adds an extra level of "fuck you, the west". but it's also quite useful...

I like the Nokia battery thing, too. Do you have any idea what the highest capacity battery that is available of this type?

There is no exact info at the moment, "omgmog" on the Dingoonity boards is putting together a pretty detailed review. He's taken a unit apart and he thinks that the cpu speed may only be 200Mhz. I've seen a PDF regarding the SPMP8016A (which may be the chipset used in the Letcool ), this document states that the cpu speed is 270Mhz. However it also states that the DSP cpu is 324Mhz.

The Dingo has 1 cpu which is 336Mhz, this can overclock to 400Mhz though. So the Dingo's main cpu is faster which means "quick and dirty" ports will run better. Anything on the letcool is going to take alittle more work to get running at a decent speed.

I just see the Letcool pretty much like a GP2x, just with better battery life and good controls. It doesn't run Linux at the moment but I'm sure some clever bugger will get it running at some point.

if it really is weaker than the dingoo (yes i know you can't really compare clock speeds) then it's a bit of a step backwards i think.
something about as powerful as the wiz in a shell like this and with linux running on it would be very nice.

thanks Javacat, I had missed that post. There's also information that suggests the CPU cpeed is 243Mhz. So slower than the Dingoo but faster than the GP2X. I'm with gibberish, it does feel like a step backwards. I'll stick with the Dingoo until someone releases something in the same form factor as the Dingoo but with equivalent CPU speed :).

Back