Lexar 256GB SDXC: Anyone tried one in a Pandora?

I couldn't get a 64gb card to work with my pandora, let alone a 256gb card

I have a 64Gb Sandisk Extreme and it's working very well, even in Ext2 (split in 2, a Fat32 and a Ext2 partition).

But 256Gb, wouha, that should be nice !!!

It seems that new 64GB cards come formatted as exFAT and to use in Pandora you need to reformat to a filesystem it recognizes, like vfat or ext2.

I ordered one from amazon a week ago but had to return it for a refund because I had too many problems with it. At first my Windows XP couldnt format it because I needed to download some files from microsoft. After that I fomatted to Fat32 then when transfering files to it I then started to get errors and then the card got finally corrupted.

I've decided to stick with the 32gb cards from now on.

And, don't buy any cards from Ebay as most of them are fakes as well. Bought a 64gb card for £20. Turned out to be only a 4gb. Have only just got refund back on that as well.

Wow. Huge. I'm after an upgrade already. My two 32gb's are full!

I was going for dual 64gb. Will any 128gb work?

256gb - seems like it would make the pandora even better! Not sure how I would fill it up! (all my media streams from home network).

The 128G SanDisk should work. I think someone reported that here but didn't filled the Wiki.

I took the leap on the 128GB when they first came out, but not sure I want to pony up for the 256GBs right now, though it certainly would be cool!

I have both versions of the 128GB Lexar card (400x, 600x). As Link said, you have to re-partition or at least re-format any 65GB or larger card as they ship with the Microsoft proprietary exFAT format.

I'm not pushed for space right now on my Pandora.

It is interesting how the price on these 256GB monsters has come down to an expensive but not outside of consideration (for capacity) range. They launched at $900 - now $399.

Somewhere someone with deep pockets will just have to be the first person with a half terabyte Pandora.

Can anyone confirm 128's Work? And for sure, which brand/model...and exactly how you go about getting them to work? Could use 128's for my Media card...the one that goes in Slot 2. The one for Slot-1 all my programs, I'm fine with 32.

I use two different Lexar 128GB. All I had to do was reformat from ExFat to FAT32, now one is EXT2 and the other is FAT32.

I use two different Lexar 128GB. All I had to do was reformat from ExFat to FAT32, now one is EXT2 and the other is FAT32.

So why is one of them EXT2 and the other FAT32? Does it have to be that way, or just the way it happened for you or what?

Also, does the Panasonic SD Card Formatter work to re-format the suckers into FAT32?

If so, I may invest in a few of the 128's just for my Media. I'm quite happy with 32 for my programs, the card in Slot 1...I still have 16GB left on that.

Also, Link...since I know you have a store...do YOU sell these Lexar cards? Having been a customer of yours for the Pandy and totally satisfied, I know I would go to you for business again, if I have a need...assuming your prices are comparable to what I could get locally or elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, Link...since I know you have a store...do YOU sell these Lexar cards? Having been a customer of yours for the Pandy and totally satisfied, I know I would go to you for business again, if I have a need...assuming your prices are comparable to what I could get locally or elsewhere.
For the EXT2 card, I had to first format it to FAT32, then I reformatted to EXT2. The other card is FAT32 so I can use it with multiple devices easily.

Regarding Lexar cards, I should have an account setup shortly, so yes.

For the EXT2 card, I had to first format it to FAT32, then I reformatted to EXT2. The other card is FAT32 so I can use it with multiple devices easily.

Regarding Lexar cards, I should have an account setup shortly, so yes.

Good deal. Let me know when your account is set up!

If there's any way you could even ship them pre-formatted to FAT32, that would be terrif...if not, I do have the Panasonic SD Card Formatter. As long as your price is reasonable, you got me. You don't have to be lowest, just in the ballpark, ya know? Your reliability and previous customer experience is also a big factor for me.

Back