Pandora Libpnd Pnd_Device_Set_Clock Question...

Coder_TimT

As the subtitle says, should this be working? I'm unable to get my calls to set_clock and set_brightness to do anything. Some logical deduction(and the fact I can't modify them directly) says that that the device files they write to are not user writable, so a normal program would have issues changing them. However, the cpu-speed program manages to make changes without apparent elevated permissions, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Currently I'm just including pnd_device.h and making the set calls...anything else need to happen?

Things were in flux quite q bit as i wrote that, so its very likely apermissions issue. It is probably wiser rightnow to call the op_ sh-scripts to do it, as they have proper sudo permissions as you noticed. Some of those routines are used by rootly tools. We should eithrr fix perms up, ormake the libpnd code call the sh-scripts if not currently root, or note in the docs their limitations

Jeffphone

skeezix said:
Things were in flux quite q bit as i wrote that, so its very likely apermissions issue. It is probably wiser rightnow to call the op_ sh-scripts to do it, as they have proper sudo permissions as you noticed. Some of those routines are used by rootly tools. We should eithrr fix perms up, ormake the libpnd code call the sh-scripts if not currently root, or note in the docs their limitations

Jeffphone

Thanks skeezix, I will give that a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back