Software libxml2 Python bindings

gamelaw

Still Fresh
I don't know how some of you folks have the patients for this.
I'm trying to port CHIRP - a standard open source Python app for field programming HAM/FRS/GMRS radios.
https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

Like most Python apps it calls for libxml2:
Code:
import libxml2

Even the libxml2.py that I can manage to find on the internet has:
Code:
import libxml2mod

Apparently this is not a standard opkg on our latest Amstrad/SuperZaxxon.

Some folks have written on the forum that they've solved this problem but no one has given steps for their solution. The internet is more then happy to tell me that ALL standard linux flavors already have this stuff installed or can pip their way to a solution. I certainly hope no ones responds to tell me compile collections of libraries because I love Python to avoid having to do compiles of libraries.

Anyone have any easy steps for me? I'll also need to find python-serial as well.

Thanks, all!

Randel

I'm not sure if Angstrom/SZ even has libxml2.so in /usr/lib. Assuming it does all you need therefore is a half-recent copy of the python mappings for it. I've not tested this link, but this should get you arch's python2 mappings should get you a tar.xz that you can unpack (though GNU tar spits out errors but does the unpack for you at the same time, while BSD tars work fine)

I can't help with python-serial. Arch doesn't have a package named anything like that, and it doesn't appear to be in the standard distribution either. How would you invoke it from python, out of interest?

Back