Lid close screen coming on troubles

Stainy

Advanced Member
Right... I`ve had this issue from the start... my lid close settings are ( low power mode blah blah )

When I close the lid.. or power switch to the right then close the lid.. everythings fine... for a while...

Then I`ll notice the screen is on ( when the lid is closed ) or I`ll notice the wifi light is on ( if wifi was on before low power mode )

Anyone else experiance this?? It starts off ok.. then after a while ( 20 minutes or so ) I can see the screen on again.. obviously when this happens battery drain is huge :(

On another note:

When I open the lid after if being in power save mode.. the screen comes alive.. until I push a button.. it goes off and I have to push the power button to the right to get the screen back...

This also happens if I were to just close the lid... come back to it a while later... seems I have to hit a key ( screen blacks out ) then I have to push the button to the right to wake the thing up again..

weirds :(

Sometimes the power button can be stiff and might not go fully left to turn off.Push it with a little force and it might click.Or most likely your battery is just loose.Take out and then put the battery back in.slide the battery in to the back cover.Then carefully lower the cover and battery back into place.Could just be software too.i doubt much is wrong.The pandora screen times out after a while if no buttons are pressed and goes black.pressing a button should bring it back

Last edited by a moderator:
It`s not a battery issue.. when I say it blanks.. it doesn`t switch off. just that I have to revive it twice to get to working on it..

Plus whats with the screen turning itself on when the lid is closed!

It`s not a battery issue.. when I say it blanks.. it doesn`t switch off. just that I have to revive it twice to get to working on it..

Plus whats with the screen turning itself on when the lid is closed!
Unless its some screen settings stored in appdata to be deleted or something.Sure your power switch is ok?If its stiff it could be keeping the pandora on.Mine wouldnt turn off when i got it.The power switch was stiff and keeping it on.I pushed it to the left hard and it worked.Otherwise i dont know.Someone else here will know though.

To check if it's the power switch, move it completely to the left (to hold position).

Also, set the power settings to just switch the screen off after a while, not going into low-power mode.

That way, you can find out whether your power switch or the magnetic lid switch is acting up.

With that setting, go into low-power mode (using the power switch).

Does it stay in that mode?

Great, then we know your power-switch is fine and the lid switch is the issue.

Is there anything magnetic near it?

Maybe you put your Pandora on top of a speaker or something like that.

The lid switch is triggered with magnetism, so maybe that causes it?

Right... I`ve had this issue from the start... my lid close settings are ( low power mode blah blah )

When I close the lid.. or power switch to the right then close the lid.. everythings fine... for a while...

Then I`ll notice the screen is on ( when the lid is closed ) or I`ll notice the wifi light is on ( if wifi was on before low power mode )

Anyone else experiance this?? It starts off ok.. then after a while ( 20 minutes or so ) I can see the screen on again.. obviously when this happens battery drain is huge :(

On another note:

When I open the lid after if being in power save mode.. the screen comes alive.. until I push a button.. it goes off and I have to push the power button to the right to get the screen back...

This also happens if I were to just close the lid... come back to it a while later... seems I have to hit a key ( screen blacks out ) then I have to push the button to the right to wake the thing up again..

weirds :(

This could be related to these and the closest answer I got when troubleshooting it was by notaz in this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Back