Lid closed doing nothing CC First batch 1.70RC

DrHAX

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist
As the title states.

I have recently acquired an absolutely beautiful CC unit. However, when using it I've noticed shutting the lid does nothing at all. the screen is still on and even changing the lid closed settings does nothing at all.  I'm used to 1ghz's soo is this something added on latter or is there something wrong I should know about...

Aka Am I just an idiot? Or is there something off here?

No it should do something on lid close.. either a software setting or something wrong with the lid sensor. which I believe is just a magnetic sensor which uses the right speaker as the magnet, when you close the lid it detects the fixed magnet in that speaker and shuts off the display.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any suggestions on how to fix this? I think it may have worked before I reflashed it? it went from super zaxxon 1 hot fix five to 1.70RC

Run the Pandor Input-Tester (Menu->System->Pandora Input Tester, or from the command terminal type "op_test_inputs") and try closing and opening it. If there's no problem with the hardware the "LID" will be in yellow to indicate the lid trigger worked. If it doesn't change colour then you've probably got a hardware problem somewhere.

tried it... no lid response.. damnit.

On the positive side, you have a Pandora while the others get fixed up, and you can just suspend it using the power switch.  When the others get back you can either send that one in to get a check-up, or you can work on it yourself.  Although I will be sending mine in since I am having so much done to it, I generally don't feel like something is mine until I have looked around inside and possibly made a few little changes.

Have you tried waving a magnet on over the right side of the Pandora base and see if you get a reaction? wondering if it's possible you got a repaired Pandora missing a speaker or something..

I get no reaction from weak fridge magnets like the ones on those cheesy business cards.. however the magnet that can hold up my bottle opener seems to work for mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried waving a magnet on over the right side of the Pandora base and see if you get a reaction? wondering if it's possible you got a repaired Pandora missing a speaker or something..

I get no reaction from weak fridge magnets like the ones on those cheesy business cards.. however the magnet that can hold up my bottle opener seems to work for mine.
I have a few speakers... I wonder if one of them will work.

Back