Link Support...

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
HELLO!

my birthday is coming up soon...and i either want some upgrades for my pc, a zodiac (unlikely that i'd get one...), or a gp32 blu...

i already have a normal gp32 that i modded to have a frontlight...

and i was wondering...how hard is it for emulator coders/authors to add multiplayer support? because it is a wonderful feature that isn't taken advantage enough i think...

also...what emulators do we have already that support linking? i thought that the pcengine one did...or was that a special release for you fog breathers :lol: jk...

Umm where do you live, do you live in the U.S.? i dont htink any emulators support the rf link cable, maybe the pcengine does, not sure

Well, from what I've heard some of Rlyeh's games (fnes32 and fsms32 I think) have black--'s RF-Lib but it goes out of sync real easy or something... (haven't actually tried....) and a *special edition* (v0.5 I think) of GPEngine was released ONLY at the british meetup and worked quite well from how it sounded... but don't decide to demand it, just patiently wait and hope that either the source is released eventually or he continues to work on it. GPEngine v0.4 (whatever the latest release on the website was) is quite fun and works quite well but there is no RF support in it.

I know black the author of gpengine created a multi player thing that has been added to fnes and gpengine. Both where shown at the gp UK meet up last summer as far as I can remember but neither where publicly released. To my knowledge there are no publicly released multi player emulators out there. From what I hard the multi player thing worked well but there where some problems with games getting out of sync. For example if you where playing a 2 player game you and your partner would be in the same place on eachother screen but the enemies might be in diffrent places on both screens. This might be a problem that was not able to be fixed which might be why multi player support has not been added to any public releases.

Can this out of syncness be fixed?? I was thinking of buying an RF but if it doesn't work properly theres no point shelling out for the expensive unit.

Back