New Euro Fw For Flu

Iorgy77

emu parasite kid
Website
Visit site
I already use the euro firmware on my FLU, is there some advantage to using this new BLU+ non blurry FLU version posted in the news on the frontpage? afaik I am using the normal BLU euro fw and it has never looked blurry.

edit: I remember something about having a custom backdrop on the game/pc link screen, mine currently doesnt support that, is this the only advantage?

i have a flu too and with mfw and i typically boot straight to YAFL, but when i do use the Euro FW, its not blurry or anything so what is so different?

Ok so I updated to this new firmware, doesnt look any different... doesnt seem to load apps any faster either but it actually seems slower to the logo after turning the gp32 on, like a split second delay which I could swear wasnt there before.

Also I searched the forums but how do I add a custom background for the game/pc-link screen?

I think you could always do backgrounds with Euro fw.

I think you put a file called bg.jpg in GPSYS or something, and then it will use that as your background. Naturally, it should be a 320x240 image.

I've got a FLU gp32_console and am using the latest Slubman's FW at the moment.

Is there any reason to use this FW here over Slubman's? Except for BG pictures I mean... :rolleyes:

I made it because I was using GP BIOS and they ahd the Euro firmware as an FXE and I really liked how fast it would load. So i flashed it using the Blue firmwareware for the Taiwanese LCD Version and once it was done I noticed that every thing was a lot more blury and really hurt my eyes and so it in games as well. It didn't surpirse me since it is for a different LCD type, so I put this together and thought i would share it as I knew there were others you would want the firmware but not have to suffer the quality...

EDIT: once last thing you can use whatever firmware you wish or chose not to use it but please don't bad mouth my work as we all are just helping out the GP32 community. I take can take feed but it can be posative. All i did was confert a firmware, if you ue it great, not then, that's fine too. Yes, you can make spash screens and I am working on a template for that as well...

tattooman posted on Jul 1 2005 at 06:10 PM said:
EDIT: once last thing you can use whatever firmware you wish or chose not to use it but please don't bad mouth my work as we all are just helping out the GP32 community. I take can take feed but it can be posative. All i did was confert a firmware, if you ue it great, not then, that's fine too. Yes, you can make spash screens and I am working on a template for that as well...

:blink:

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Jul 1 2005 at 03:48 PM said:

I think you put a file called bg.jpg in GPSYS or something, and then it will use that as your background. Naturally, it should be a 320x240 image.

I just tried this and it didn't work for me on the normal Blu+ firmware - any other suggestions?

Nekki posted on Jul 1 2005 at 10:48 PM said:
shinneri posted on Jul 1 2005 at 03:48 PM said:

I just tried this and it didn't work for me on the normal Blu+ firmware - any other suggestions?
Try skin.bmp in gpsys. It's not perfect though because you'll probably get white boxes around stuff (unless they've updated the fw since I last tried it).

tattooman posted on Jul 1 2005 at 06:10 PM said:

I tried it also on my FLU, got almost 6 months the BLU European firmware. When I first booted it, I didn't saw any difference. And like some people allready said, it actualy boot less faster when Power-On your GP32.

Sorry dude, I go back to my old FW.

I just flashed to slubmans.

Only feedback I can give about this new euro FLU fw is that there is a delay between turning on your GP32 and the GP32 logo appearing, besides that it seems to work.

LOL, there is no difference in speed from the BLU+ version is just doesn't look all grainey and hard to read since its for the right type of LCD. On the gp32linux website that is down i saved the skin.bmp as used it as a template and trpied puting it in every folder and the root directory on my SMC and it didn't work. Again I am not trying to make this firmware better then anyone elses and I have no idea what gave people the idea it was going to be better, it's Euro firmware, LOL...

I tried the defualt skin.bmp that gp32linux made and have tried to make seval and put them in every single go32 directory and nothing works. There must either be a trick to the format of the image or they packaged it in the resent firmware to where you cna't do this. Unless anyone else has figgured it out it doens't seem possible.

It isnt slower to launch apps, but it is slower from the time you turn on the GP32 until you see the GP32 logo. I had the normal Euro fw on my FLU before and there was no grainyness...

works for me, but it isnt very good, it cuts off half the picture and the Play and PcLink buttons have big white squares around them, as well as the bouncing logo.

I did however find a way to make it look alright, just make a little logo on a white background, but it towards the bottom left corner of a plain white 320x240 image and it'll show up under the 2 options, it may take a bit of fiddling to get it in the right position, i think im gonna make a template for future.

evaunit01 posted on Jul 1 2005 at 10:57 PM said:
works for me, but it isnt very good, it cuts off half the picture and the Play and PcLink buttons have big white squares around them, as well as the bouncing logo.

I did however find a way to make it look alright, just make a little logo on a white background, but it towards the bottom left corner of a plain white 320x240 image and it'll show up under the 2 options, it may take a bit of fiddling to get it in the right position, i think im gonna make a template for future.

That would be great as I couldn't get any images to show up anyware no matter I did... A tutorial and tmplate would be great!!!!!!

Hang on, I've just read the readme for this. All that's been done is an fxe version of the euro fw (which was created from splitting the fw binary) has been recreated into a firmware again. The reason for the initial slow down must be that the fxe was compressed with spiv's b2fxec (which adds a slight load delay due to the decompression). Talk about reinventing the wheel <_<

Back