Linux Wiimote Whiteboard?

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
http://code.google.com/p/linux-whiteboard/

Thought this would be a cool app. With the ultra-portability of Pandora and the S-Video out, the wiimote whiteboard application would be very cool for being to set up a presentation environment quickly and easily. Would this be difficult to port for the Pandora? Just wondering.

(Sorry I know these can these be ported questions are getting old, but I'd just like to hear some opinions)

BTW: Woah, just checked pandora wiki. Didn't know there was Composite out support for Pandora. Was worried about hdtv's.

quadomatic said:
(Sorry I know these can these be ported questions are getting old, but I'd just like to hear some opinions)

BTW: Woah, just checked pandora wiki. Didn't know there was Composite out support for Pandora. Was worried about hdtv's.
I think you're mixing up "composite video" and "component video". Unfortunately, the Pandora does not have any HD video output options at this time.

And while you're perusing the wiki, perhaps you might want to check out the software portability flowchart. Maybe you could answer some of these "Can this be ported?" questions for yourself ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
gtkwhiteboard (not sure if its actually the one youre linking to, but thats why i use for wiimote whiteboard on linux) is a python application, shouldn't be to hard to get running, may even run out of the box if all needed libs are there.

Chip said:
quadomatic said:

I think you're mixing up "composite video" and "component video". Unfortunately, the Pandora does not have any HD video output options at this time.

And while you're perusing the wiki, perhaps you might want to check out the software portability flowchart. Maybe you could answer some of these "Can this be ported?" questions for yourself ;)

Thanks for clarifying video out. I saw that flowchart already. I just wanted to hear some opinions.

Vimacs: would Python for ARM work out of the box for Pandora? Or wouldn't it need some porting first? The one I linked to is written in C/C++.

quadomatic said:
Vimacs: would Python for ARM work out of the box for Pandora? Or wouldn't it need some porting first? The one I linked to is written in C/C++.
I'm not Vimacs, but since Python ran on the GP2X, I would imagine it will be available for Pandora very soon after release if not before.

Back