Wiimote As Pandora Controller?

grobi

Still Fresh
Will it be possible (and implemented soon) to pair wiimote(s) to the pandora and by that use wiimotes as wireless controllers for pandora?

I wouldn't expect the motion sensors of the wiimote to control pacman, but using the buttons would be really cool.

Regards,
grobi

yes it is possible, but you didn't need to double post.
It is very possible, there are already drivers for Wiimotes out there on linux.

Grobi said:
Will it be possible (and implemented soon) to pair wiimote(s) to the pandora and by that use wiimotes as wireless controllers for pandora?

I wouldn't expect the motion sensors of the wiimote to control pacman, but using the buttons would be really cool.

Regards,
grobi
It works on N8x0, so it should be easy to get it on Pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Grobi, you are probably new to forums thats why you don't know about search functions, that nearly every forum has, so i will do the search for you. Regarding the results of the searchterm "Wiimote" returns with lots of hits. ;)

putting the results together tells me, that YES it should be possible to use the Wiimote on the Pandora via Bluetooth, probably not the accelorators but all the buttons. Of course somebody need to put together some drivers

adtbm said:
Hi Grobi, you are probably new to forums thats why you don't know about search functions, that nearly every forum has, so i will do the search for you. Regarding the results of the searchterm "Wiimote" returns with lots of hits. ;)

putting the results together tells me, that YES it should be possible to use the Wiimote on the Pandora via Bluetooth, probably not the accelorators but all the buttons. Of course somebody need to put together some drivers
Thanks for the polite reply although I looked like a complete idiot.

I searched for wii controller and matched only controller discussions. I searched for wii and nothing matched.

And I double posted because I didn't notice the first post succeeded as my umts connection didn't catch the first acknowledge, leaving me with "server did not respond". I went "back" and "post new thread" and there I was: double posting.
Sorry for that.

grobi

adtbm said:
Linux already supports Wiimotes, and CWiid fully supports the functionality. I've use it in Debian with great success :)

Back