List Of Emulators That Should Of Made It To The 2x

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
Bandai - Playdia (I know one dosent exist, but why not?)
Phillips - CD-I
Fairchild - Channel F (Does this exist?)
Cybiko
RCA - Studio II (Does this exist?)
Sega - VMU
Sony - Pocketstation (Does this exist?)
Texas Instruments - PC-99/4A & TI 99/4A Silver (Does this exist?)
Tiger - Game.com (Does this exist?)
Tiger - R-Zone (Does this exist?)

Correct me if a emulator for PC does or does not exist & if the 2X hardware cannot emulate the above.

TY :)

a gp32 emu is in the works, that will be rad, so use new fans of GP hand helds will get a chance to play all the gp32 home brew games. As for the tiger system, they kinda suck, a have bad ports of games that run better and look better in other forms. I cant see any one taking the time to write one. :D

Did you ever play CdI games?? - they suck!! :angry:
And it's very complex to write/port an emu for the 2x, because of the loading times of Cds - just like the problems with MegaCD! I think that would also be the problem with an amigaCD emu - but I'd love it, anyway! :D
What I'd like to see is a VMU-emu there were a lot of fun games to play on it and they're all freeware!
To the Ti: the games are very simple, only black and white and I don't think it'd be very usefull.

stay
Cheesey

KingCheese said:
To the Ti: the games are very simple, only black and white and I don't think it'd be very usefull.
couldn't you say the same about the vmu? :D

i've played some pretty great ti calc games...then again the ability to play them in a boring class undetected, or during a study break or something, probably makes them seem more fun.

puzzpack for the 83 is killer (Dino Puzzle, Block Dude, Puzzle Frenzy, and Pegs)...

but i don't know about the 99.

Last edited by a moderator:
KingCheese said:
Did you ever play CdI games?? - they suck!! :angry:
And it's very complex to write/port an emu for the 2x, because of the loading times of Cds - just like the problems with MegaCD! I think that would also be the problem with an amigaCD emu - but I'd love it, anyway! :D
Burn cycle doesnt suck.
It also has one of the most expensive Zelda games

I dont think CD loading would be that much of a problem for CD32. Most of the games were just the floppy disk versions put on a CD sometimes with a fancy intro (tower assault) thrown in for good measure

I would just be happy if a full speed PC-Engine emu with decent sound and CD support ever was made. Screw CD-I.

DaveC said:
I would just be happy if a full speed PC-Engine emu with decent sound and CD support ever was made. Screw CD-I.
+1 for PCE and I add a better amstrad Cpc one :)

Sony - Pocketstation (Does this exist?) <--- Exists. Have to ask Exophase for it though. :p

Cervante said:
Bandai - Playdia (I know one dosent exist, but why not?)
Phillips - CD-I
Fairchild - Channel F (Does this exist?)
Cybiko
RCA - Studio II (Does this exist?)
Sega - VMU
Sony - Pocketstation (Does this exist?)
Texas Instruments - PC-99/4A & TI 99/4A Silver (Does this exist?)
Tiger - Game.com (Does this exist?)
Tiger - R-Zone (Does this exist?)

Correct me if a emulator for PC does or does not exist & if the 2X hardware cannot emulate the above.

TY :)
gp2xmess emulates the ti99/4a.

~telengard

To b_o_b,

I trust you're also aware of this fine MZ800 emu (although I concede that source to the later versions appears currently unavailable)...

http://www.sharpmz.org/mfranzenemu.htm

Not a system I'm really familiar with personally, although I did author (what I think was the first?) MZ80B emulator some time back. Bit of an older beastie that one though and of less interest to "typical '2xers" I would imagine? ;)

Tony

Hey b_o_b & DialTone, my first ever computer was a Sharp MZ-700 (before the MZ-800!)

You can play games using MESS on PC with a bit of setting up, or far easier use the site mentioned by DialTone. I discovered it a couple of months ago, and it is easy to set up, and most of the games are also available at the site if you click around.

I would really love for a MZ-*00 emulator to be released on GP2X, either as part of MESS, or stand alone. I think people would have had to own one to understand (to someone new the graphics and sound would look pretty awful!) but there was a ceratin soul about those machines!!

I gave my MZ-700 away to a childrens hospital for kids with cancer when I was a kid and had just bought my Amiga. Looking back, I am happy the kids would have gotten some fun from it, but I always miss my old MZ-700!! :(

DialTone said:
To b_o_b,

I trust you're also aware of this fine MZ800 emu (although I concede that source to the later versions appears currently unavailable)...

http://www.sharpmz.org/mfranzenemu.htm

Not a system I'm really familiar with personally, although I did author (what I think was the first?) MZ80B emulator some time back. Bit of an older beastie that one though and of less interest to "typical '2xers" I would imagine? ;)

Tony

If I get some free time I will try and add support for it if it's already supported by MESS.

~telengard

Back