List Your Gba Games

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
I got a micro the other day, and it's really revitalized my interest in the platform. And since games used to be released at a frenzied pace back in the day, I know there are a lot of good games I've missed. So just list your games and mark your favorites.

Here's mine:

Favorite games
Pokemon Emerald
Lunar Legend (Best RPG on GBA--it's that simple)
Zelda: Minish Cap

The rest
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mr. Driller 2
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (a classic)
Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride
Jurassic Park III: Park Builder (surprisingly good/addictive)
Chu Chu Rocket
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Monster Rancher 2
Sonic Advance
Dark Arena (bad....)
Pinobee: Wings of Adventure
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (I expected it to suck, but it's pretty good)
Dave Mirra 2 Freestyle BMX

my GBA will never get used now that i have a DS, but the games i have are

Iridion II (very good shooter)
Gradius Galaxies
Metroid Fusion
Contra Advance (shitty compared to the SNES version)
Mario Kart
Zelda III
Super mario World
oh and 2 SpongeBob the tv show carts.

I don't have a whole lot for it myself, in fact I got more DS games this year than I did GBA games in that machine's whole life. There was a lot that I wanted, but I never seemed to have money at the time.

What I do have:
Grand Theft Auto (pretty good)
F-Zero GP Legend (haven't really gotten into it yet)
Doom (it's fuckin Doom)
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission (both Metroids are pretty damn good)
The King of Fighters EX NeoBlood (so-so, but I got it for cheap)
Final Fight One (not bad if you can find it for cheap)
Mega Man and Bass (pretty good, about on par with MM7 or 8)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (good)

That's about it.

I have always had a GB near by whether it be an Advance or SP. Not that I am a Ninty Fanboy. Looking at the thread where I posted my handheld collection should rid any fears that any one would have of that. I have a DS but I only use an Advance game in that when I am heavily involved in like an RPG. And it may stay there until finished. What has really excited me concerning the GPA SP is the recent “hush hush” backlit upgrade. I will keep it along with my DS side by side. B) The screen is much brighter than the DS. Well worth the price of admission.

Favorite games!
Gunstar Super heroes (must have must play)
Final Fantasy 1 & 2 (in progress)
Bubble Bobble (this stays in an SP)
Astro Boy (very good)
Wario Ware, Inc (insane madness)
Iridion 2 (great)
Phalanx
Gradius Galaxies
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario World
Metal Slug
Super Mario Bros. 3
Sigma Star Saga
Guardian Heroes Advance
Zelda: Minish Cap
Guilty Gear X
Lunar Legend (played this on the PS1 too)
Metroid Fusion

Other Games:
Final Fight One
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Iridion 3D
Dragonball Z : Goku 1
Dragonball Z : Goku 2
King of Fighters EX
King of Fighters EX 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tekken Advance
boktai #1
Rayman
ChuChu Rocket
Star X (Starfox want-a-be)
Tang Tang
Breath of Fire
Golden Sun 1
Golden Sun 2
Sword of Mana
Bomberman
Lady Sia
LOTR: return of the King

Some of the RPGs might end up in the favorite section. I just haven't had the time to play them fully. I have picked up some of these from bargain bins. I am always on the look out for a good deal. :D I like the SP bright, it is just right for my pocket. And the screen is bigger than the Micro. Although I have yet to see a micro in action. No one has one on display. :(
edit:typos

Favourites:

Castlevania : Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (These 2 are absolutely essential!)
Metroid Zero Mission
Advance Wars 1 & 2 (Doesn't really matter which one!)
Mario Power Tennis - ( I like this much more than the current Gamecube game)
V Rally 3 - I think this is the best 3d-ish racer on the GBA (Reminds me of the screamer sequels on the PC)

Other games:

Many Mario games - if you like mario (i'm not really a fan) I think that Yoshi's Island is the best conversion.
Super monkeyball junior (not bad)
Warioware
Donkey Kong Country (avoid - bad conversion not as playable as the snes version)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 - WOW the perfect 2d fighter in the palm of your hand! (Then you realise that non of your friends own this so your stuck playing on your own. I have therefore played this for less than an hour in the three years I've owned it.

darkman posted on Dec 30 2005 at 08:33 PM said:
Some of the RPGs might end up in the favorite section. I just haven't had the time to play them fully. I have picked up some of these from bargain bins. I am always on the look out for a good deal. :D I like the SP bright, it is just right for my pocket. And the screen is bigger than the Micro. Although I have yet to see a micro in action. No one has one on display. :(
Yeah, micro is beautiful in action. The screen is bright (seems about on par with the new SP), can be adjusted, and the finer pixels makes for much sharper visuals. Still, the screen is small (though not hard to read on in my opinion), and it's really personal preference whether you can stand it or not. Also, it's one sexy looking system. B)

Nice list so far--very helpful. Keep it up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like rpg's, i would highly recommend breath of fire I & II and final fantasy iv. I got goldenSun and beat it, but I never really got into the game and would not recommend it. It had great graphics and music, I just didn't find it that interesting.

Favorites:
zelda: the minish cap*
riviera: the promised land
final fantasy iv advance
castlevania: aria of sorrow*
Breath of fire*
Breath of fire II*
Lunar legend*
mario and luigi superstar saga*

Other:
advance wars 2
kingdom hearts chain of memories*
metal slug advance
ct special forces 2
fire emblem
sword of mana*
metroid zero mission*
castlevania: circle of the moon*
ballistic: ecks vs. sever*
zelda: a link to the past/four swords*
wario ware, inc.*
medal of honor infiltrator
Final fantasy tactics advance
goldenSun*
super ghouls'n ghosts
lufia: the ruins of lore
sigma star saga

legend:
*=completed games

They are making Earthbound 3 for gba. Not sure if it will make it to the states, though. If it gets here Holy Hell will I be happy. Wario ware. The rest of the good games seem to be listed. How is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga not one of your favorites.

They are making Earthbound 3 for gba. Not sure if it will make it to the states, though. If it gets here Holy Hell will I be happy. Wario ware. The rest of the good games seem to be listed. How is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga not one of your favorites.
Me? I haven't played it yet. Sorry, I guess I should have indicated that.

Yeah, I hope Earthbound makes its way over here; I suspect it will. :) And anyone that has Sigma Star Story, would you recommend it? Anyone have Yoshi Topsy-Turvey? It looks good, but reviews weren't so hot.

shinneri posted on Dec 31 2005 at 12:49 AM said:
darkman posted on Dec 30 2005 at 08:33 PM said:
Yeah, micro is beautiful in action. The screen is bright (seems about on par with the new SP), can be adjusted, and the finer pixels makes for much sharper visuals. Still, the screen is small (though not hard to read on in my opinion), and it's really personal preference whether you can stand it or not. Also, it's one sexy looking system. B)

Nice list so far--very helpful. Keep it up. :)
Yeah, I saw the new SP's screen and I have to say, im blown away by it's awesomeness. Excellent improvement, and if I didnt have an sp already (or had the cash to buy a new one), I would no doubt get it. 2 thumbs up nintendo B)

Back