Little Help, Battery Life And Video Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade_Azzy

Still Fresh
Hi all, been lurking for some time, mainly because I dont own a GP2X, but my fiance does. So when she has trouble, or wants a new prog, I get to working.

Works for me, no biggy, I understand this sorta thing better.

OK, main problem - Video stops playing after about 6-7 minutes. No matter what the encoding, (mainly divx) playes, then stops dead.

Second problem, it eats batteries like an atkins dieter eats cheese. Full charge 2050mah cells last, saw, 10 minutes till they are down to "medium" as per the utility screen.

This unit arrived with firmware 1.1 on it, and I flashed it to 1.20. Had problems, so I popped it back to 1.1, and saw today that 1.21 was availible (and maybe 1.4??)

Any answers? Any place to get the newer firmware other than IRC? (No IRC for me thanks, gave up long time ago and stay away, sorry :) )

Thanks guys!
Azzy

This have been talked about to death, you batterys are bad get better ones, pleas use the search function next time.

For the video issue, try using Super C encoder ... I use it to convert everything to Xvid ... and it has performed flawlessly. Every video I convert plays just fine for me, no matter what source I used (MPEG, MP4, AVI, DIVX).

For the battery issue ... yes, this thing is a hog ... try getting a set of Energizer 2500's ... I use them and get ~4 hours on a full charge.

And for the FW. Wait ... it's not out yet (except on IRC and leaked elsewhere, but I'm not saying because it's a beta not meant for public eyes), and in my experience is very buggy.

And use the damn search function! ;)

</standard mod line>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back