Loading Games

GA01

Website
Visit site
Hi, I'm no expect on the ST but I've noticed that some games load automatically, some with cracks and others you have to load from the desktop (if you get what I mean). What I would like to know is whether these games (loaded from the desktop) can be setup to run automatically or will they always need to be loaded from within their window (*.prg file, I think). Why have they been setup like this? Also, is it possible to default to 166 MHz? It seems to reset each time.

Thanks

:)

I've never used a ST or an ST emulator before, but I'd figure thats how the games ran on the ST, so there isn't much you can do about it. But on the website it says you can "permanantly" set the clock speed in the config file.

You can create a folder on an ST disk called Auto. Any program put there will autostart when you boot the disk. It might not work with all programs...

.prg are the source files from Fenix. I don`t know if ST games are named that way, too. (same reason Blah mentioned).

.prg and .st files i believe work. there's 2 games i have that autoboot as soon as i "fire up the ST" and they are cracked, the games that I have that are not cracked, i have to manually load up, which is the .prg, that might help i guess.

I used to have an Atari ST (and I loved it!) and it uses a windows-like operating system (although alot more simple!). The 'executable' files it uses are .prg files and .tos files. I believe a .ST file is simply a disk image for use on an emulator or backup.

Like Han says you could make a folder named 'Auto', and as soon as you booted the ST up, it would load up whatever .prg you had in there straight away, instead of going to the operating system.

Will the Auto folder work for all games (kind of like a profile for each game) or just one game at a time? If I were to use Save States, is there a limit to how many I can use?

Will the Auto folder work for all games (kind of like a profile for each game) or just one game at a time? If I were to use Save States, is there a limit to how many I can use?

Just one game/program at a time. And single file games are the ones most likely to work, I believe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back