Loading Roms And Apps

StriderNo9

Still Fresh
I know we don't know what the GUI will be like but I am curious. I never touched a GP2X and I only have experience loading Roms onto a PSP a one point a long time ago.

Will the process be drag and drop? I'm assuming it is. How was it on the GP2X? Sorry if this sounds ignorant I'm just curious about the technical side of things. Also if we are using our PCs to drag the Roms and Apps, will it be compatible to do this with a Mac? If it sees it as a regular HDD I don't see an issue, again I'm just curious.

GP2X can be connected as a regular USB strage device, so you can put whatever you want, just as you would with a flash device. Alternatively, you can use an SD card reader/writer to manipulate the "hard disk" of your 2x or Pandora.

Alright, that's straight forward enough, I imagine I will have no issues doing that on my Mac.

Strider-No.9 said:
Alright, that's straight forward enough, I imagine I will have no issues doing that on my Mac.
Hey there Strider...I'm a Mac & GP2X user. Only thing I've had is when OSX writes it's ".DS_Store" etc files on your SD card. They're hidden files in OSX, but they show up in Linux/Windows. Not a huge deal once you know what they are, but can surprise newbies.

They can be removed (if you really want to) with several apps available, I'm using "BlueHarvest".

But they don't cause any problems, I'm just a neat freak... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
EmuGuy said:
Strider-No.9 said:
Hey there Strider...I'm a Mac & GP2X user. Only thing I've had is when OSX writes it's ".DS_Store" etc files on your SD card. They're hidden files in OSX, but they show up in Linux/Windows. Not a huge deal once you know what they are, but can surprise newbies.

They can be removed (if you really want to) with several apps available, I'm using "BlueHarvest".

But they don't cause any problems, I'm just a neat freak... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I figure it would leave a .DS file there. No worries I have a PC also and I can use that for my apps and roms. Or I can just VM ware into my PC for Pandora stuff. I'm a neat freak also and I rather keep it clean lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back