Loads Of Games Not Working On 3.0.0

Fiercedeity9

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I received my GP2X today! :D I can't get some of these things working!

Edit-at-the-top: These may not be firmware related...

WON'T LOAD

Duke2X
I cannot get this working on 3.0.0 firmware! When I load the file, it crashes back to the main menu. I've installed it correctly, put my .cfg and Atomic Edition .grp file in the directory and installed the sound thing it requires but cannot seem to get this working!

Beats of Rage
Same as above except i get a "Coding Competition" picture or a black screen depending on which file I run.

DRMDx
Freezes on 'Patching MND" or whatever the message is.

Guess I'll start with Duke2X. Duke2X is a bit of a pain to get running correctly. There's some .con files that come with it made for the GP2X in the confiles folder or something. I vaguely remember this.

However, the documentation is unclear about how to deal with the atomic edition folders. This goes double annoying if you have the atomic edition as part of a HRP set, which I did.

First, I grabbed the regular edition and used those confiles, which are what the confiles in the folder are made for.

Afterwards, I attempted to install atomic edition again. I put the grp file in, and overwrote those confiles with atomic edition ones. Actually, scratch that, I still used the ones in the confiles folder.

At this point it works fine, except for episode 4: the birth.

Edit: Ah crap I removed my original post. just a quick recap of what I said before. I own a value pack gp2x with 3.0.0 firmware, I got all of those working other than DRMDx which I dont use 'cause I use picodrive, and if you need more help faster feel free to contact me at AIM s/n Auritribe

Damn, just me then. :( I don't have AIM so...

So it would be easier to run the normal edition? I have that here somewhere.

Yeah, if you just choose normal edition, copy over the GRP file, and then copy over the cons from the confiles folder that come with it, it should work.

Just move the confiles from the duke2x/confiles folder into duke2x/ and it should work fine.

Also, if you cancels out of the menu when you press a button dont panic, you just hit the wrong button ^^b

the "A" button will take you ingame, but if you press the "b" button it cancels you out of the menu and there's no way to open it back up, leaving you with a screen with alien decals and nothing more. No, the game didn't freeze up.

The Coding Competition screen is a selector for your beats of rage mod selected, I think.

You go from that screen, select the pakfile you put on the card, and it loads up the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the latest version of DrMDx, it was broken in 2.1.1 because of a change to the mmu hack loading, the latest version fixes it. Better yet, use Picodrive, which is a lot faster and has more accurate rendering and similar compatibility.

Back