Looking For A Decent Pmp

trooper said:
Well, I have just tried playing a movie (Troy the directors cut) re-encoded down to 720x480 @ 30fps (1733kbps) in xvid format with 128kbps mp3 joint stereo audio in an .Avi container, And the dingoo played it ok, But there was a 1 second pause about every 10 seconds during bright and or busy scenes. Other than that, I think it did well.

Btw, This was done via the built-in screen on the native firmware movie player, Not tried it via TV-Out.

Trooper
Thanks for testing that out for me Trooper.

Is the non-native player any better than the native one? Not that I'm asking anyone to run out and try.

Last edited by a moderator:
mindlord said:
trooper said:
Well, I have just tried playing a movie (Troy the directors cut) re-encoded down to 720x480 @ 30fps (1733kbps) in xvid format with 128kbps mp3 joint stereo audio in an .Avi container, And the dingoo played it ok, But there was a 1 second pause about every 10 seconds during bright and or busy scenes. Other than that, I think it did well.

Btw, This was done via the built-in screen on the native firmware movie player, Not tried it via TV-Out.

Trooper
Thanks for testing that out for me Trooper.

Is the non-native player any better than the native one? Not that I'm asking anyone to run out and try.

I don`t know of any non native (Dingux) video player for the Dingoo, But i have just done another test with the same movie, Everything being exactly the same except reducing the video bitrate to 1200kbps, And the Dingoo plays the movie without a hitch.

I could take it back up to 1500kbps and see the results, If you would like me to ?.

Trooper

trooper said:
I don`t know of any non native (Dingux) video player for the Dingoo, But i have just done another test with the same movie, Everything being exactly the same except reducing the video bitrate to 1200kbps, And the Dingoo plays the movie without a hitch.

I could take it back up to 1500kbps and see the results, If you would like me to ?.
Trooper
Hmm... my files are VBR. On an average TV show the stream can jump as high as 1900kpbs, probably more if there's lots of action.

It's beginning to look like I'll be shovelling out the cash for an ithingy or Archos.

I'd also recommend an Archos, but it doesn't have gaming controls. I believe it can play flash games. It can (or at least the version I used) record TV or gameplay.

Com64 said:
I'd also recommend an Archos, but it doesn't have gaming controls. I believe it can play flash games. It can (or at least the version I used) record TV or gameplay.
I appreciate all the suggestions. I'm going to get an Archos now, and probably not for several more months. Which, by then, something better may come along. A mod can close this thread now.

Back