Looking to acquire an elusive music cd...

Ever since I came across an older youtube video of Craig demoing some games on the Pandora to the tune of a Passenger(a U.K. band led by Michael Rosenberg) song, I've been hooked on their music(which, I think, is now pretty much just Mr. Rosenberg, aside from occasional collaborations). At any rate, I've been trying to track down one of Passenger's cd's, specifically the second one entitled Wide Eyes Blind Love. I realize that the songs can be obtained from iTunes, I'm just not a fan of methods like that, plus I'd like to make some loss-less rips of the songs. If you have one of the official Wide Eyes Blind Love cd's you'd be willing to sell, or can obtain one, or point me to an online site that still sells it, I would appreciate it. Also, in case it matters, I live in the u.s..

you know, this could be a blind shot in the dark, but i sometimes contact the artist themselves and ask to buy a cd, youd be surprised of the outcome many times, ive not heard of Passanger before, but a lot of times, with indie artists, youll get good results by asking them to buy a cd, the internet is a great thing, so send them a msg through myspace or find out if they have any other social networking sites. http://www.myspace.com/passengerofficial http://www.facebook.com/PassengerOfficial

edit: or here, try this

http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vYml0Lmx5L2FiemhLQQ==

got this off their myspace, as said, thats always a good place to look

Last edited by a moderator:
you know, since everything seems to consider Passenger's facebook page the official site, I forgot about the links to purchase cd's on their myspace page. In regards to the purchase links on Passenger's myspace page they are divided up into Australia Store, UK Store, & US Store, I've tried the purchase link for the Wide Eyes Blind Love cd under US Store and I keep getting a paypal error page(the same thing happens when I try to use the buy cd link on Passenger's facebook page also, but with a different paypal error page in stead). The odd thing is it looks like I can use the link under Australia Store or UK Store, as both seem to go to the same paypal purchase page(the web addresses just finish off with different strings of random letters and numbers). so....um..well...I guess I'll try purchasing the cd from one of those two links and hope for the best($16.28us isn't too much to lose if something goes kittywampus :mellow: not that I really like the idea of losing any money, but yeah)

as said, contact the artists, you dont have to come off sounding like a groupie, tell them you want to buy a cd and their US link isnt working

Isn't the whole point of a recording contract to get music out to people like you?

I met Mike once at a gig, he is very friendly and I'm sure he will answer you.

I'm not exactly a fan of stuff like twitter, myspace, facebook, and such, it's too trendy!(I have only ever checked twitter when the Pandora Log indicated that you, Craig, & EvilDragon used it to drop some Pandora information, and I don't care if random strangers know what I had for supper or whatever average people use "social networking" sites for - no offense meant to those who have found a practical use for them though). I won't sign up for it just so I can bug a nice guy who has better things to do than waste time on my problem. Besides, I get the impression that online sales of his cds are handled by a third-party company called IE music ltd, not Mr. Rosenberg himself, so I doubt there's much he could do anyway if I did contact him(although it would be really cool if I could somehow get Mr. Rosenberg to sign my copies of his Wicked Man's Rest & (if it actually arrives at my place) Wide Eyes Blind Love cds). Anyway, I already went ahead and made the order through the link on his myspace page under the section called UK Store, and everything seemed to go through without a hitch! :blink: :) I guess if the Wide Eyes Blind Love cd shows up in a week or two, I'll know everything went through ok.

if the artists is too good to speak to their fans and dont want to sign a cd for their fans, you really have to reason to listen to such douchebags, youd be surprised how many good musicians there are around that actually give a shit about their fans

Back