Looking to trade my unit for an Android smartphone

Garrett

Advanced Member
anyone interested..?

It's an original 256Mb unit (at least I think so.. don't know how to check if it's 512Mb) has seen very little use & will incl 2x 32GB SD cards.

It's currently running Super Zaxxon 1.5, I run it at 800Mhz without any issues & have clocked up to 950 without any problems or crashes.

The screen is scratch free, one of the battery cover tabs has snapped off (the cover still fits snugly) I've PM'd Ed & he's said a replacement is no problem (I'm still waiting though) whoever might receive the unit could pester him for a replacement (I don't have the time)

There's two small blobs of superglue residue on the top lid near the hinge (don't ask) which I'm reliably informed can be removed without too much hassle

PM me if any further info/pictures are needed incl details of the phone you'd be willing to trade (condition etc)

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
are u leaving the scene then? or is this unit a spare?

Well it isn't a spare unit, but I certainly don't intend to leave the scene.

It's unfortunately a disposable cash flow issue (wrong direction) I'm currently unemployed, but starting a new job soon & as fate has seen fit to render my current phone kaput just prior to staring said job, I don't really have any other course of action available (I'm contract phobic)

When I'm back in the black (couldn't resist being an AC/DC fan) I intend to get myself a 1Ghz unit, but will still be visiting the forums in the meantime to keep up with developments.. besides I'd miss everybody if I left (yes really!)

Hi Garrett, sad to see you've got to sell your Pandora, glad to hear you'll be hanging around though.

Just a bit of advice, why not let people know a cash price you'd accept for your Pandora? It might also be worth mentioning the approximate spec of the Android phone you'd be willing to accept.

Hi Garrett, sad to see you've got to sell your Pandora, glad to hear you'll be hanging around though.

Just a bit of advice, why not let people know a cash price you'd accept for your Pandora? It might also be worth mentioning the approximate spec of the Android phone you'd be willing to accept.

Yeah I was eventually going to add that if I didn't get any bites with a straight swap (just thought I could save myself some hassle).. I really have no idea about price though (I can't even remember what I originally paid) £200 - 250 sound too optimistic..?

As far as phone spec is concerned I'd like something around the 1Ghz or above mark (but this is probably far too optimistic given the prices of some models I've looked at) or a least something that can comfortably run most of the emu's that the Pandora can & perhaps some 3D games, given that I know next to nothing about Android devices (having been an Iphoney zealot for what seems like forever) I've no idea of what brands/models have decent multimedia/gaming performance & don't cost a small fortune.

Swerve any LG Androids Garrett, I don't think any of their models will run the BluezIME which is required for the ICP to work on it ....can't access the stacks blah blah technical notes I don't fully understand blah blah

Most the emus are a pain to play on touchscreens, as you no doubt well aware of even from iPhone experience.

Get the Xperia Play from Sony Ericsson.

It might not be the best spec Android out there but if you, like me, are planning emus to be a primary use, there is no better option.

Most the emus I have tried work nice with the built in game controls and don't even need adjusting in the emu settings.

Get the Xperia Play from Sony Ericsson.
It might not be the best spec Android out there but if you, like me, are planning emus to be a primary use, there is no better option.

Most the emus I have tried work nice with the built in game controls and don't even need adjusting in the emu settings.

Ah yes, now that's a thought.. the PSP phone.. right?

Can it be rooted/overclocked etc, does it have enough juice to run N64 games?

Runs them very nicely no root required with n64oid from slide.me market.

Mupen64+ is a opensource free alternative but doesnt run as well but uses the analog optical pads.

Rooting is possible with zerg rush and there is a support forum on xda for custom roms just search "xda dev xperia play" i assume your in europe so you want the r800i model and will be looking for gsm custom roms if you go that route

Yeah that's the one.

You can root, o/c I'd imagine but tbh I'm still on stock, only had it about a week and just been enjoying as is for a bit.

Changed my LG phone for it as I don't enjoy emus with touchscreen and my ICP can't work with it.

Check xda devs forum for all info on root

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1090

That link has all the boards for Xperia Play, click through to the developers board there for all info on root and such.

I don't have N64 emu as I think it got pulled from Play a while back, n64oid, some talk of that and other compatible emu here

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-play/318148-best-emulators-compatible-xperia-play-control-pad.html

I'm very happy with the ones I have though, need to try get some working full screen but so far so good and so nice having controls that just work.

Ninja android .. Nice for info on slideme, didn't realise can still get it in there

If you lived in america i would swap with you as i have one already rooted and running the leaked ice cream sandwich android rom.  I bought the r800i as an import before it came out here in america just for the sole purpose of game emulators

I can pick up a r800x for about $100 with a bad esn that doesnt use phone stuff and would serve my same purpose

Agreed, I've got one and, imo it's the best Android smartphone out there on offer when it comes tobasic phone + emulation needs.

It can be had for cheap and most of all it has physical gaming controls.

Back