Looks Like Sony Is First To Market With Umpc/gaming Device

Phawx

Professional Derailer
custom_1231264628771_DSC00171.JPG

Looks like a pretty cool device. Seems to be the same specs as Pandora but I think they are using the BRITE PSP 3000 LCD in this new UMPC.

i love the way they stuck an old crappy dark sony badge on it.

Yep it looks like the reports of the new sony small laptop/netbook which have been doing the rounds have inspired another bit of photoshop work.

Definitely not Shopped

LINK

Yea he did a poor job. Its also a pretty pointless mod. But I thought I would get a rouse out of some people:

Why am i feeling so pissed about sony's vaio pocket? <_<

maybe ive been spending too much time on these forums :lol:

but there is going to be a sony vaio pocket the vaio p and soon google is your friend

There's already been a vaio pocket. I have one. It was an mp3 player released about 4/5 years ago.

Netbooks are going to have to pull something incredible in terms of both price and battery performance out of the ether this year to turn me away from the Pandora.

Nobody seems to want to revive things like the Psion 5MX, NEC MobilePro or HP Jornada ... bar Pandora which has sort-of done this and one-upped them with solid gaming controls.

Above all else, it's that old-school clamshell handheld PC feel of the Pandora which gets me wet.

The VAIO P would be nice if it didn't cost a squiddilion pounds. I've still got a VAIO Picturebook knocking about... 266mhz of raw computing power, and now only a half hour battery life.

Respect that guy, he has mad skillz. Over on the benheck forums, he has made like 5 devices with VAIO logos on them, including an EEE.

Very sexah, in my opinion. :D

Also, the Jornadas are sweet.

Isn't anybody upset about this obvious trolling attempt? I don't think spreading false information is very funny... luckily it wasn't hard to figure out that this is a fake but why would you want to stir up the forums with crap like this? would have been okay if you posted it as what it is: a mod.

I call for a ban...

Back