14 KB · Views: 139
  • ricoelf.jpg
    ricoelf.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 139
  • ricoelf.jpg
    ricoelf.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
sensiblesoccer is right - computer life is not everything out there :)
go out with some friendz, go into cinema, play soccer, try paintballing or just talk together about crazy stuff and girls.
i havent touched my gp32 for a while until os9xgp 0.3 came out, im now and then now playing secret of mana without sound on os9xgp... sometimes phantasy star 4 on fgen32.... but really not often, i even play more gba right now because the pokemon remakes are out (yes i like the games :p ), but maybe only ~1hour a day.

Well, for me, I used to play with my GP in most spare hours. These days, I tend to save it for long journeys and holidays, but once we hit long journeys or holidays, it comes out and is more used than ever.

But I wouldn't say I'm losing interest in it. I'm interested in new stuff, I'm just less interested in actually playing it. The thing that I like is simply to see more things arrive, and especially in the case of proggies like GPQuake, simply what the fantastic dev'rs we have are able to squeeze out of an extremely low-end piece of kit (at least, in comparrisson to PCs). An example might be Beats of Rage. That originally required - what was it - 64 MB ram according to the official homepage? Something like that. With clever ARM hacks and a lot of ASM, Squidge managed to get that down a very long way - 24MB for some sprite routines became 3.9MB. Its that kind of staggering achievement that interests me.

I certainly still do play it - and likewise watch films and such on it - but its now a hobby rather than an all-consuming way of life. Which is, lets face it, probably a good thing :).

Oh, and 5+ hours on GP32x isn't hard when you're using Opera or some similar tabbed interface... too easy to simply leave the window open and hit F5 every hour or so - at least, during holidays and similar.

I am also in a simmilar frame of mind i moved into a student flat and had no internet so I was a way from the scene for a while now the community has changed i dont know anyone and I come back and the is a post nearly every day of an update of a gba emulator back in the old day if any one asked about gba we would reply go buy one (I did) many thanks to Azure in the past probbly one of the guys who welcomed me and helped me with that akward korean firmware

tom

i hardly ever pick up my gp these days, i've found that the only games i really want to run on fgen are the ones that never seem to work, thus i throw down the gp32 in desperation and then pick it up again in a few week, having forgotten what happened the time before and repeat the whole merry episode!

I play on and off. Just like my other systems. Handhelds aren't designed to be worshiped and played all the time. Mine stays next to the loo most of the time for games of gpspout or a level of kirby/dr. robotnics mean bean machine/warios woods/super punchout etc. It's nice for a film and some gameage on trips too. The rest of the time if I game I'm on the ps2.

Azure,

Buy a BLU and you will be interested again for awhile because of the better screen. It helped for me.

DaveC posted on Sep 1 2004 at 06:50 PM said:
Azure,

Buy a BLU and you will be interested again for awhile because of the better screen. It helped for me.

Haha

You sound like a Heroin addict who needs to increase the dosage to attain the smae old effect... :D :unsure:

Rico posted on Sep 1 2004 at 01:32 AM said:
EDIT: And that 'Rico...changed' shit just irritates me. The only reason that would happen is if I was putting up a front just for this forum. I don't have the time nor inclination to do that, so everything I post is me, jackass. The one that's changing is you.
Wow...didn't expect that. You're changing is unrelated to this whole thread. I just added it to my sig a long time (I was on the GP32x forum and was bored, so I just went to my sig settings and wanted to add something new to pass some time) before I even thought of making this post. You're changing has NOTHING to do with me creating this thread or my losing interest in the GP32. I can see it from your point of view since I haven't posted in a while and this would be the first time you would see my sig in a while, making it appear as if I added that to my sig just for this thread. The use of the word "change" was just a coincidence.

Are we "cool"? :wub:

What the fuck? I'm not that self-centred. I know this thread and your leaving are completely unrelated to me. As much of an asshole as I can get sometimes I don't think I've ever drove someone out of the scene because of it. My entire aside was solely asking why you actually said 'I changed' in the first place. So that reply, as well-meaning as it was, completely missed my point.

I dont play my GP32 much (although I do use it almost every day for mp3s). I just dont play games as much as I used to, and when I wanna im usually infront of a pc. Maybe if GBA emulation gets good ill play FFTA and Tactics Ogre on it like I used to on my GBA but until then it will be something used only for mp3s/ when im on holidays/ train. As Rico said its the community that keeps me here; even if there isnt something 'new' and interesting.

I stopped playing mine for a while cos scummvm and doom reset on it. And it basically annoys the living beejeebus out of me. I'll get it sent to mashmods. But then there's Azure's story : / about it.

I lose interest in gaming all the time, currently I own: GP32 (of course!) Neo Geo pocket colour with 3 games, Japanese N64 with 20 games, Dreamcast with 17 games, playstation with about 30 games, PS2 with 18 games, gamecube with 13 games, a PC with loads of emulated systems/games and an X Box with Ninja Gaiden (only got it yesterday!).

my point is that with all those consoles you'd think I didnt have time for anything else but if the truth be known, the only one of those consoles to be turned on in the last 4 months is the gamecube for a go on super monkeyball (amazing videos here by the way!) most of them will see out their days in their boxes but some will get an airing once or twice, if only for nostalgia purposes.

The GP32 scene is unique in that it always has something new to offer for free thats why the system stays fresh.

Take a break and come back in a couple of months there will be loads of new content for you to try, thus rekindling your love affair with the GP32!

Rico posted on Sep 2 2004 at 02:39 AM said:
What the fuck? I'm not that self-centred. I know this thread and your leaving are completely unrelated to me. As much of an asshole as I can get sometimes I don't think I've ever drove someone out of the scene because of it. My entire aside was solely asking why you actually said 'I changed' in the first place. So that reply, as well-meaning as it was, completely missed my point.
Well, from your post I got the message that you were saying that the two were related.

Anyways, the reason why I added was because of generalNMX's post concerning avatars and your changing your avatar so often. I was browsing the avatar thread when I suddenly thought of something to add to my sig, which was your "chaning" so often because of the switching of avatars. So, if you would like me to remove from my sig I would gladly do so.

Back