Pandora Lost Hero (Java Game) On The Pandora ?

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi,

Would Lost Hero work on the Pandora with WizardStan's Java ?

Image20.jpg

Bye, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it would, as it is not a realtime rpg. But I don't know if the screenresolution wouldn't be too high for Pandora, and from their website you can't download it. On the Sourceforgepage, there seems to be another game with the newest version from 2008.

Hi mcobit :)
mcobit said:
Maybe it would, as it is not a realtime rpg. But I don't know if the screenresolution wouldn't be too high for Pandora, and from their website you can't download it. On the Sourceforgepage, there seems to be another game with the newest version from 2008.
I couldn't find any information about the screen resolution, so I can't tell. I've also noticed the download problem, so the latest version from 2008 can be found here :)
If there is enough interest in this one, maybe we could try to contact the authors, to know how the development is going ?
Bye, Magic Sam

Did you notice, that the versionnumber is completely different? I downloaded the last release and it is an top down view and looks nothing like your screenshot.
I think this is a whole other game.

I'm on Vista at work so I could test the game, and you are right, it has now a top down view. It switches to a classical first person view for the fights though. I don't think it's a whole different game, just that it evolved a lot since 2004 ;) What worries me is that it's no longer a JAVA game, just an *.exe, without the source :(

EDIT:

The source is available through SVN and CVS:
Code:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@losthero.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/losthero login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@losthero.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/losthero co -P modulename
Code:
svn co https://losthero.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/losthero losthero
From sourceforge:
Lost Hero - Story of Gilgames is an isometric RPG game, where you go with your character through few levels, you fight with the monster, traps and logical puzzles. You are rewarded by experience point to improve your character and items to make your life
EDIT 2:
CVS has the 6 years old java files, while SVN has more recent files, in "Delphi/Kylix" format according to sourceforge...

mcobit said:
Delphi is not your friend in linux
That's what I feared <_< From the file extensions on SVN I can't tell which programming language it is, are we 100% certain it's Delphi ?
Out of curiosity, I've just emailed the authors, maybe we'll learn a bit more about what's going on :)
EDIT: not all hope is gone, it is said to be Delphi/Kylix :)

Magic Sam said:
mcobit said:
Delphi is not your friend in linux
That's what I feared <_< From the file extensions on SVN I can't tell which programming language it is, are we 100% certain it's Delphi ?
Out of curiosity, I've just emailed the authors, maybe we'll learn a bit more about what's going on :)
EDIT: not all hope is gone, it is said to be Delphi/Kylix :)
I made a python dungeon generator (guaranteed path to all rooms) and even added some opengl code to display (search for chriscchrisc youtube channel to see it running)
(It could easily be ported to another language if needed - but then turn based doesn't need massive speed and developing in python is very fast!)
I'd gladly donate this code to anyone wanting to make an open source rpg for the pandora, I could even donate sometime to such a project - its just I feel realistically
its too much for one person to take on alone...

Back