Lost The ´log Off´ Dialog Box

Chaser

EDIT: SOLVED.

Simply delete XFCE-4 folder from home>username>applications>settings>xfce-4 and reboot. Everything custom will need re-doing.

When I did some deliberate low power battery shutdown tests, to re-create the screen brightness bug (I couldn´t), she threw a curveball instead and I lost the ability to get a ´log off´ dialog box via either the menu shutdown, or an ´action button´ placed on the panel.

Now I can only ´log off´, I must soft reset ´pandora button + pwr switch´ to restart and can only shut her down by removing her battery and leaving it out. She´s rarely off though :)

Chaser said:
When I did some deliberate low power battery shutdown tests, to re-create the screen brightness bug (I couldn´t), she threw a curveball instead and I lost the ability to get a ´log off´ dialog box via either the menu shutdown, or an ´action button´ placed on the panel.

Now I can only ´log off´, I must soft reset ´pandora button + pwr switch´ to restart and can only shut her down by removing her battery and leaving it out. She´s rarely off though :)

In a terminal :
Code:
sudo reboot
or :
Code:
sudo shutdown -h now

at least you wont resort to hackish way :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats awesome for now man thanks :)

You've lost me on the hackish way, unless you meant ripping out her innards, as I was feeling like a repo man with such a violation :( She can finally get some sleep. Me perhaps too! Nah back to work young lady theres games to test for the lists.

Chaser said:
You've lost me on the hackish way,
I tend to think that removing the P's battery to shutdown it is a bit hackish :D

For the rest, I'm no xfce expert (at all), but it's configuration is stored in $HOME/Applications/Settings/xfce4 ($HOME stand for /home/<your username>)

You might want to look there or even delete that directory to restaur standard behaviour (hopping for the best)

Cheers man I'll look into that with newbish interest. Otherwise she's been a darling thus far, bar the 'to be expected' LCD cable issue, as I got #45, so its before they knew that might happen. Everything else has been fine and I haven't needed to re-flash or anything. I'm gonna hold off on the RMA until they have more time on their hands.

sebt3 said:
In a terminal :
Code:
sudo reboot
or :
Code:
sudo shutdown -h now

at least you wont resort to hackish way :)

Excellent. I've been maxxing out my battery usage every day because I couldn't properly shut down. For some reason my session manager would hang as I shut down. I just turned 'sudo shutdown -h now' into a script. That'll help immensely.

Thanks!

Back