Lots Of Spam !

Pinballwzd

Could there me a link between the recent Pandora server hijacking and subsequent use for spamming ?
I have received over 250 spams in one day on my account that I registered on this forum ?

Anyone else experience this ?

D)

this=gp32x? if so then there cant be a relation as it is on a different server in a different country.

Vimacs said:
this=gp32x? if so then there cant be a relation as it is on a different server in a different country.
Ok, thanks... Must have just been a blip in spamming... ( or someone is not happy with me :blink: )

And I appreciate you moving this topic. More appropriate for the Off topic discussion.

D)

Last edited by a moderator:
they got access to WWWRUN (apache user). "The apache user can't do much more and can't access any databases or stuff like that. He also can't read / write any webfiles without the passwords of the users, so they didn't have any access to databases, mails or any other stuff like that.".

However, if you want to post here some of the headers of the emails (or email them to me, whatever), we might be able to see if they were sent from Ed's server.

hey

Huh?

On the website blog updated by EvilDragon the other day, titled I hate exploits! it says...

Geez, somebody exploited our server and did spam around the world... that's why it was offline so often during the last days.

I have to completely re-setup the server (though I have to wait for Strato to unlock the server first... I hope this doesn't take too long).

I've got backups of everything, so no worries here.

At the meantime, OpenPandora.org moved to a temporary server, however, the gp2x and gp32x File Archives as well as the German forum is still down. If I don't get a response from Strato within the next hours, I'll also move them to a temporary server.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

So I assume that you did receive all those emails because of this.

cyas

yosh64 said:
So I assume that you did receive all those emails because of this.

Spammers are going 24/7, all over the world.

It is true Ed's server got turned into server for spamming. However, they did not get any email addresses from that server (as stated in my above post).

So who spammed him? No one knows, yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back