Getting away from GP32X.com forum's purgatory list

ORFJackal

Still Fresh
Website
www.orfjackal.net
Once upon a time when I registered at gp32x.de, in my first message I wrote there I had a link to some web site for answering another person's question, and apparenty the forum software's spam filters raised an alarm and put me to the purgatory group. When you're in the purgatory, you can't post anything and the forum's front page has a message:
I'am in PURGATORY group! Why?
You are new here and you found out that after posting your first post you lost all your posting abilities. Don't worry. It's just our AntiSpam script found a match to its patterns. It can be a link or image or both. As previously we had to deal with plenty of spam we had to prevent it and this is how it works. Our antispam script checks only first two posts posted by new member and if it fit's its patterns member's post is turn invisible and he is put in PURGATORY group until we check and aprove your post. Usually it takes only a few minutes unless it's night (CET) or holidays :) So if nothing happens in an hour or two just drop a line to hando AT [this site domain] and wait.
Sorry for this inconvience but it actually helped reducing 99% of spam on this board.
Thank you
hando
chief editor
I have emailed hando@gp32x.de a couple of times, but nothing has happened - maybe the email is not in use? Also registering with another username is not possible, because the forum software complains that an account has already been registered from the same IP.

Would some of the moderators here have also moderator access to gp32x.de forums, so that they could remove me from the purgatory group? My username over there is: Jackal von ÖRF

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackal von ÖRF said:
[..] because the forum software complains that an account has already been registered from the same IP.
That doesn't sound very smart.. it would mean that nobody else from my site could ever register - everything is NAT'ed to the firewall's IP address.

Jackal von ÖRF said:
Once upon a time when I registered at gp32x.de, in my first message I wrote there I had a link to some web site for answering another person's question, and apparenty the forum software's spam filters raised an alarm and put me to the purgatory group. When you're in the purgatory, you can't post anything and the forum's front page has a message:
I'am in PURGATORY group! Why?
You are new here and you found out that after posting your first post you lost all your posting abilities. Don't worry. It's just our AntiSpam script found a match to its patterns. It can be a link or image or both. As previously we had to deal with plenty of spam we had to prevent it and this is how it works. Our antispam script checks only first two posts posted by new member and if it fit's its patterns member's post is turn invisible and he is put in PURGATORY group until we check and aprove your post. Usually it takes only a few minutes unless it's night (CET) or holidays :) So if nothing happens in an hour or two just drop a line to hando AT [this site domain] and wait.
Sorry for this inconvience but it actually helped reducing 99% of spam on this board.
Thank you
hando
chief editor
I have emailed hando@gp32x.de a couple of times, but nothing has happened - maybe the email is not in use? Also registering with another username is not possible, because the forum software complains that an account has already been registered from the same IP.

Would some of the moderators here have also moderator access to gp32x.de forums, so that they could remove me from the purgatory group? My username over there is: Jackal von ÖRF
Where and when did you post? I think I can de-purgatory you if I approve the post in question.

Back