Re-Layout Of Gp32X.com

Orion4874 said:
I still kinda think the Caanoo should have it's own forum or at least organize the GPH section a little better. Under the GPH section have sub sections for the Caanoo, Wiz, GP2X etc. From there each would have General Talk, News, Emulation and so on.
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Well, the WIZ is out of production for years now, the Caanoo is basically the same hardware... not much difference here.
A list of the emulators can be found in the download-section of each console.
Most current stuff written or ported see a release for both the Caanoo and WIZ at the same time.
Well, I don't care, if they are basically the same hardware, as I don't want to produce one. That doesn't help me, as a user, at all.
The download-section of the consoles are far from complete, PCSX ReARMed R12/13 or ngp for example, never made it there.
As I said before, there was traffic in both sections, not that much, but still more traffic, than in any other section here.
This is the no.1 english speaking forum about GPH's consoles and probably the first place to go for a newbie. You are still selling the Caanoo and now you can't even refer to any specific forum section. I can't see, the forum is more straightforward or better arranged now. I'd tend to say the opposite happened to the GPH Consoles.

I agree with Akabei.

Imagine on Dingoonity if all Dingoos are merged because they have the same hardware, it would be a mess.

Well, the GPH section IS a mess. Not really for people used to come to this forum, but for all newbies interested in the Caanoo.

I´m more or less a noob, got caanoo some 6 months ago.
This is my primary forum for caanoo stuff.

I see no problem with the merge yet.

edit: I see one, It seems before , clicking on new posts would get me to the caanoo section of new posts, now it gets to a whole other things...not that bad though.

We're not alone ^^

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/62930-finding-stuff-in-the-new-forum-setup/page__pid__965153__st__0&#entry965153

BAFelton said:
We're not alone ^^

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/62930-finding-stuff-in-the-new-forum-setup/page__pid__965153__st__0&#entry965153

I agree too. I am not very interested in Canoo and Wiz info, but I like to read any GP2X stuff (or even GP32x - even if I have never owned one :) )
For Pandora info I usually go to the Pandora forum. Personally I don't think these changes are an improvement.

Geeez, I put that thread up for weeks and only a few ones posted here, some wanted a merge, some not.
Now that it happened, suddenly other don't want the merge... why didn't you post your ideas when we were GATHERING them?

I'll see if the changes can be reversed... but it might be that we moderators manually need to move the threads back...

Okay, we manually need to move the threads back... no other way.

It's not THAT big deal though, as most of the threads can be moved depending on their post date (gp2x < WIZ < Caanoo), the rest shouldn't be much.

However, that wouldn't have uncluttered the forum a lot, we would be back to the old layout where everyone says it was way too many forums (which I didn't understand as you can just hide the ones you don't like to see...)

But anyways, before I'm doing something more I'd like to have some more good suggestions.
Should we keep Emulators / Software / etc. for each console, or should we merge some things there?

EvilDragon said:
Okay, we manually need to move the threads back... no other way.

I wasnt against the merge per see nor for it either. It just sounded like a not-that bad idea. at this point it would be useless to unmerge. New thread should just be marked as wiz or caanoo in the title or both.

I'm doing caanoo only release, it might interest a wiz dev to take my work on wiz (should never be hard, only a question of control) and making them seing my release might create interest (no I'm not beliving they were not looking over the caanoo section anyway, but that mean they will need to check less section now which is a good thing)

i dont have a problem with the merges at all. i don't understand the complaints.

just click "view new content" and you'll see whats up in the forums and be happy with that?

dont unmerge, it's just the people are not yet used to it :)

crow_riot said:
i dont have a problem with the merges at all. i don't understand the complaints.

just click "view new content" and you'll see whats up in the forums and be happy with that?

dont unmerge, it's just the people are not yet used to it :)
Of course you and me and all others who are already here, won't have big problems with the new layout. But imagine someone bought a used Wiz or even a new Caanoo and is looking here for the first time, using the search form(issues of all kind are not uncommon with gph consoles). He will be totally lost now. But hey, if it has to be moved manually, to get back to the old layout, then leave it as it is. All mods and especially ED will have better and more important things to deal with, then moving around some threads here for some days.

Akabei said:
All mods and especially ED will have better and more important things to deal with, then moving around some threads here for some days.
Not really, it's been kind of quiet since the extra security question went in and cut back the spam considerably.

Sorry, I stand by my earlier suggestion. I don't think it's a big deal if The Wiz and GP2X were merged but the Caanoo at least should still have it's own section. But the best way would be to do to each GPH handheld what you did with the GP32. That is, under the "GPH Console's" section have a sub section for each handheld.

I realize it will be alot of work to move all those threads but in the end it won't seem so unorganized as it does now and anyone new to the forums won't get lost trying to find a Caanoo or Wiz specific thread.

It shouldn't be that bad if it's divided up amongst the mods properly. One mod handles one section and does a little bit at a time, or all at once, it'll be up to them.

Well then?
What do you guys think?

Should we create GPH handhelds with dedicated Caanoo forums and subforums for the older devices which are not sold anymore?

And then move the posts back?

EvilDragon said:
Well then?
What do you guys think?

Should we create GPH handhelds with dedicated Caanoo forums and subforums for the older devices which are not sold anymore?

And then move the posts back?
I would be glad to see that happen.

Orion4874 said:
Yeah, subsections for each handheld. I hate making more work for you ED but I think it's for the best.

I agree, this forum is pretty much useless as it now for me.

Oh, one more thing. When you make the changes can you turn the "Homebrew" section in Android into "Apps and Games"? Makes sense since there really isn't any homebrew per say for Android.

Orion4874 said:
Oh, one more thing. When you make the changes can you turn the "Homebrew" section in Android into "Apps and Games"? Makes sense since there really isn't any homebrew per say for Android.
You still think there will be a new rebuilt layout?

Back