Gp32X.com

BAFelton

Website
www.open-consoles.com
Hi there,

First I'll introduce myself.

My nickname is BAFelton and I'm one of the admin of www.open-consoles.com in France.

I've discovered gp32x.de for a few years now when I bought my first Wiz. I must say this forum is really the best place to find infos and help with our beloved consoles such as the Wiz, the Caanoo, the Pandora and their famous ancestors GP32, GP2X F-100, F200...

Yesterday I offered ED my help with the administration of gp32x.de. Everybody knows he's really busy with the Pandora production for the moment so he agreed.

I'll try to help as hard as I can, try to improve the forum layout to make it more clear for newbies and listen to the members' expectations.

Hope my english is clear enough, and I apologise for my soon-coming mistakes :) I'll need a bit of time to get used to IPB so please don't be too harsh with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey BAFelton, you know what this forum needs? Videos! Lots and lots of videos! Do you know someone who makes videos? Joking aside, welcome aboard.

Good luck with the new layout, mate. Although I'm not quite sure, if it's worth the effort anymore. There won't be a lot of newcomers and the forum itself is very quiet these days. Anyway, improving the site would be appreciated.

Excellent news. At least being admin on gp32x.de shouldn't take up too much of your time nowadays, other than getting rid of spam. There's not really a lot going on at the moment. :(

Yoshi : I'll ask ED about this. Why not making a new upload instead of an update for the moment ?

Just added a GCW-Zer0 section cause this console is a really interesting device. A good alternative for the dying Caanoo.
I'll add as many infos as I can ;)

BAFelton said:
Yoshi : I'll ask ED about this. Why not making a new upload instead of an update for the moment ?
This will mess up the archive IMO. There are already emulators which have not been uploaded and need to be searched in forum posts. At the current rate of updates, it should not be too much work to keep the archive clean.

Good idea for a Zero section BAFelton. Now we just need the GPH handhelds to have their own separate sub-sections again. That looks like it'll be a lot of work to reorganize all those old threads so if you need help I'm more than willing to give you a hand.

Also, the Android section needs a couple changes IMO. Remove the homebrew and beta testing sections as these don't really apply. In there place maybe add a Games & Apps section and a Hardware section for all the Android handhelds and TV boxes.

Could you also ask ED for a spot on the archive for the Zero? It would probably be better than having downloads scattered around in different threads.

Yoshi, Orion4874 : I wonder if someone else than ED has the access to openhandhelds.org database. I'll PM for this.

Orion : About the help, that would be a cool thing. All these topics need to find their own sections, I'll create new ones tonight and we'll see how it can be organised :)

I'm thinking that the Gp32 should be moved to the "other handhelds" section. There's maybe only a handful of new threads started there a year so it's just taking up space IMO. What do you think guys?

I also think that the Caanoo, Wiz and the GP2X should remain under the GPH section but each have it's own subsection. Too many sections might make the place seem cluttered.

Orion4874 said:
I'm thinking that the Gp32 should be moved to the "other handhelds" section. There's maybe only a handful of new threads started there a year so it's just taking up space IMO. What do you think guys?

I also think that the Caanoo, Wiz and the GP2X should remain under the GPH section but each have it's own subsection. Too many sections might make the place seem cluttered.
Sounds good, but the GP32 could also move under the GPH section, as it's a Gamepark device as well(even, if it's not really Gamepark Holdings).

Maybe something like this?

GPH Consoles
-Caanoo
-General Talk
-News Zone
-Emulation
-Hombrew
-Wiz
-General Talk
-News Zone
-Emulation
-Homebrew
-GP2X
-General Talk
-News Zone
-Emulation
-Hombrew
-GP32
-General Talk
-News Zone
-Emulation
-Homebrew
-I Need Help
-Beta Testing

Organize the General Talk, News Zone...etc subsections like you did with the Emulation Zones in the Android and Caanoo sections where the subsections are listed under they're parent section. The ones in bold are the parent sections the sit within the main GPH Consoles section. I hope you can understand what i'm trying to say here, it's a little difficult to describe in text.

Also, can you add the Zero to the front page as well and change the Caanoo section back to GPH Consoles?

Ok i'll do this tonight.

Need to search more for the front page but shouldn't be a problem.

Next i'll need 'hands' to move the topics in their appropriate section :)

Well, my offer to help still stands, as long as the mods and ED don't have a problem with it. The sub-forums for the emulation section is fine by me, but you know how people can be, some might get annoyed by all the clicks it takes to get to the forum thay want to read/post in. But I do think that a uniform look to each section should try to be maintained.

So...

Just one emulation forum and a thousand of topics unsorted in it ?

or

one emulation forum with topics sorted for each platform ?

Time lost to click twice is really nothing compared to find the appropriate topic in I-dont-know how many pages :D

Any opinions ? We'll do what people want.

Alright, got the hang of this moderating thing now. I started moving some threads but I now think we need an "I need help" subforum for each console instead of just one for the entire section. If someone is actually trying to find the answer to an issue they're having they are going to be looking for a while with the way it is now!

I'm fine with organizing the emulation forums like how it is in the Zero section. Anyone else have any opinions or suggestions?

Back