Delete this Forum...All of it

TaG said:
True it got there quickly, but there was no info there, just one post, so I posted a link back to this forum.

Even when GP32X has been back up craigix has been posting here. And if the leader of the gang is here, so will be the gang, sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. Hey, if this is the new home, so be it. Just wondering why everything is still happening here rather than there. We're already seeing topics posted on both forums. People are already having to decide where to spend their time.

Kyosys - if you visit there, you're not moderating here. Same in reverse for Chip (eg).

As an aside, new users become knowledgable - when do they 'graduate' ? Or do they stay here because they like it? Whatever, it's called a split.
This forum will get merged with gp32x eventually. I have more than enough time to visit and read both in the meantime.

Is it still the plan to merge the forums?

This forum is getting significantly less posts and members on line. If people are coming here thinking it is official it looks bad that nothing is going on.

The blog has just been updated. Nobody here posted, but there were three (or more) post over at GP32X. I have been regularly checking the numbers on line - this board is poor in comparison:

Here:
In total there are 19 users online :: 8 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 731 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Registered users: Ask Jeeves [Bot], EvilDragon, Google [Bot], lee, MSN [Bot], Shikaku, TaG, Yahoo [Bot]

There:
Active Users 94 guests, 60 members 0 anonymous members
paradroid, AireTamStorm, TaG, dupey, notaz, pandorasloveflaps, enemyphoenix, ShyGuy, TiKub, G189, pandora, PoisonedV, Squidge, Esn, wiseguy109, kidrdbz, rokdcasbah, bigbottombill, Chip, dekutree64, Mithrildor, Titcher, oblivioner, Alex., J@F, God Ginrai, nickspoon, Bramrash, undefined, PandraNoHako, WarmFluffyUK, squirrel, bazt, EvilDragon, pete_w, Rathum, Factory3000, gomados, Cobalt, WizardStan, ignatz, Noisome, emcp, Kayday, skeezix, Barracuda, jakewastaken, Prophet, Pickle, mQQm, poucet, ricki, grgry, GoaLitiuM, naples39, christo930, budbud, michield, efegea, sverm

So here = 4 members v There = 60 members.

Is it time to stop new posts here, or is there a plan to encourage people to come here?

TaG said:
Is it still the plan to merge the forums?

This forum is getting significantly less posts and members on line. If people are coming here thinking it is official it looks bad that nothing is going on.

The blog has just been updated. Nobody here posted, but there were three (or more) post over at GP32X. I have been regularly checking the numbers on line - this board is poor in comparison:

Here:
In total there are 19 users online :: 8 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 731 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Registered users: Ask Jeeves [Bot], EvilDragon, Google [Bot], lee, MSN [Bot], Shikaku, TaG, Yahoo [Bot]

There:
Active Users 94 guests, 60 members 0 anonymous members
paradroid, AireTamStorm, TaG, dupey, notaz, pandorasloveflaps, enemyphoenix, ShyGuy, TiKub, G189, pandora, PoisonedV, Squidge, Esn, wiseguy109, kidrdbz, rokdcasbah, bigbottombill, Chip, dekutree64, Mithrildor, Titcher, oblivioner, Alex., J@F, God Ginrai, nickspoon, Bramrash, undefined, PandraNoHako, WarmFluffyUK, squirrel, bazt, EvilDragon, pete_w, Rathum, Factory3000, gomados, Cobalt, WizardStan, ignatz, Noisome, emcp, Kayday, skeezix, Barracuda, jakewastaken, Prophet, Pickle, mQQm, poucet, ricki, grgry, GoaLitiuM, naples39, christo930, budbud, michield, efegea, sverm

So here = 4 members v There = 60 members.

Is it time to stop new posts here, or is there a plan to encourage people to come here?

I like this forum, but I must agree.
People are, where the music plays.
I hope we can at least take this forum structure over to gp32x, else it will become a pain to follow when the Pandora is finally out. Subforums are a necessity.

I like the organisation of this forum. If we have to get rid of one, we should merge them and keep the organisation of this one

Don't get me wrong: I like this forum.I prefer how you can easily see what unread posts. I also like the organisation.

I don't like going to two forums to find the same topic posted in both and having the discussion split (even those started by moderators). It is also clear that there are more people reading and posting at the other forum and at times this place is dead.

If this forum is to survive and prosper it needs a purpose, preferably a different purpose to gp32x. If it is not to survive and prosper then please call the vet.

I am at this time abandoning this forum. There is no quality content here, and every post in the past week has had an identical post made on the "unofficial" forums. In my humble opionon this forum has long since served it's usefulness and should be closed. Any useful information can be scraped out and made into a wiki page or a locked post on the other forum or something. The idea of combining the boards is moot.

I'm out.

I think this forum would be much better if everyone would go here, and if it would be without all the GP2X/Wiz Stuff..
Either do GP2X/Wiz OR Pandora, but not both, they are unrelated. I won't be a fan of all the GPH stuff anytime soon and it doesn't make any sense to me, to keep things mixed like they are right now (And I guess this is vice versa, some people on gp32x don't care about Pandora neither).
Once the Pandora is out, there will be many new releases, and I would like to have a central place for it: this forum.
I think its ok that we have used gp32x.de because thats where it all started, but its not the right place anymore.
Don't you see the split in interests?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just stop discussing this for a moment. The time will come to make a new start, but for now we should just hold our thumbs, that everything goes well hardware-wise :)

Back