Gp32x.com Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

hando

Chief Editor
Website
www.gp32x.com
Hello boys and girls,

I'd like to invite all of you to take part in small design contest. Before I say more, you just need to know one thing - there is absolutely no prize beside satisfaction :)))) So if you don't care about those stupid prizes ;) read on

Goals:
1. Design new gp32x.de logo (or maybe the whole website (just if you have time :).
EDIT: You can use old logo as a base and just refresh it (this one's near 4 years old :) it doesn't have to be absolutely new design :)

or
2. Design gp32x.de button banner (it can be static/animated/ whatever). Maybe small play with GP32X word ? You know, some tricks with GP32 and GP[3]2X :)
or
3. Create new slogan for gp32x.de which somehow try to include spirit of those words (not all at once ;) GP32/GP2X/retro/oldschool/linux/Open source/etc. Of course you can have your own proposition absolutely different what I proposed above
or
4. Design gp32x.de mascot (yeah why not :)

Deadline:
31 October 2005 at 23:59

The winner:
Well, if I find something really cool and decide to use it in final project, the winner's name'll be announced on front page and will be added to GP32X Hall Of Fame (hehehe not open yet ;)

I dont expect more than one or two submission (am I too optimistic ;) so anyway post your proposition here in this thread. For image hosting please use free imageshack.us service.

-hando-

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy! I'll give the logo and webdesign part a stab. I may also try some mascot concepts, but webdesign is my main digital strenght. :)

I'd like to know what kind of layout you're interested in: same structure as the current one, light or dark colours, colour scheme preferences? I have a smooth idea in mind, I'll start working on it sometime this weekend. :)

I could give a hand with modding the forums if your doing that, as Ive been using IPB for a long time now.

PSyMastR posted on Oct 13 2005 at 10:22 PM said:
I could give a hand with modding the forums if your doing that, as Ive been using IPB for a long time now.
if he's doing it, why would he want to share the glory? ;)

Yay! I love entering contests where you don't actually win anything. It would be nice if the winner got a GP2X though... ;)

Anyway, here's something I came up with... behold the power of Photoshop:

gp32xsmaller.jpg

TyBO! posted on Oct 14 2005 at 07:21 AM said:
Yay! I love entering contests where you don't actually win anything. It would be nice if the winner got a GP2X though... ;)

Anyway, here's something I came up with... behold the power of Photoshop:

gp32xsmaller.jpg

Reminds me of the XXX movie series. (The Vin Diesel one, not any XXX-movie...)

hmmm.... i would help but i'm terrible at art things and designing so i'll leave it up to you guys. But, personally, i really like the way it looks already.....

aapje89 posted on Oct 14 2005 at 02:50 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Oct 14 2005 at 06:40 AM said:
i like the current one.
me 2 :) the site is just perfect :D
I think that the current one could be improved quite a lot.
But that does not mean we have to use any old design that is submitted, we should only change if it is too a better design.

I think the site would look nice with a "BLACK" background.
maybe some "RED" in there to. :ph34r:

JRP posted on Oct 14 2005 at 03:12 PM said:
I think the site would look nice with a "BLACK" background.
maybe some "RED" in there to. :ph34r:
I think the site should have a GP2X look, stroke retro look.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 13 2005 at 09:35 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Oct 13 2005 at 10:22 PM said:
if he's doing it, why would he want to share the glory? ;)
I ment the physical modification of the code, not admin/modding.

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Oct 14 2005 at 02:58 PM said:
so...uh.......can anyone please answer my Q?

Are there any specific demesions of the image?
I don't think so... this seems like a pretty informal contest. It might be a good idea to use the dimensions of the current GP32X logo (I'm starting to realise mine is way too big, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back