Boards Uncluttering

I had that content hiding problem (FF 3.6.8, linux), then I decided to test if "resetting" my browsers knowledge of the site would help. I logged out, deleted all cookies by gp32x.de, logged in and hid what I needed to hide. Seems my trick worked :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one issue I've noticed:

screen-capture.png

Thanks for moving the emulation and homebrew to the top level, instead of hiding them under General Talk. Now it's easier to see if there are any new posts.

EvilDragon said:
Michoko said:
hmn said:
In the "View New Content" function, there is no longer a way to see which subforum the posts are in, since the consoles names have been removed from the titles :-/
Same remark here. Please add the name of the consoles in the forum names, so we can identify the platform in the "View new content" view. Thanks! :)

Aaah, didn't know that :) Okay, will fix that :)

hmn said:
EvilDragon said:
Michoko said:
hmn said:
In the "View New Content" function, there is no longer a way to see which subforum the posts are in, since the consoles names have been removed from the titles :-/
Same remark here. Please add the name of the consoles in the forum names, so we can identify the platform in the "View new content" view. Thanks! :)

Aaah, didn't know that :) Okay, will fix that :)

Thanks ED, much clearer now ;)

What's up with these boards? Uncluttering failed, imo. I'm boring my ass off, do people actually post? Where is that shiny new board software the new Pandora boards have?

mali said:
Where is that shiny new board software the new Pandora boards have?
Only Hando can upgrade this software, so if we want it we need him.

mali said:
What's up with these boards? Uncluttering failed, imo. I'm boring my ass off, do people actually post? Where is that shiny new board software the new Pandora boards have?

Well, I'd have loved to say "Nice to see you're back", but it seems you're still in your troll-mood.

Instead of telling me it failed, why not tell WHAT failed in your opinion.
I also have no idea what posts you are missing... I'm checking daily and there always are some more posts.

Sure, Pandora area slowed down, as most quick ports have been done, everything said before delivery has been said and now everyone is waiting for the rest of the units to ship.

Posts come from the community. You're part of the community. If you're missing posts - why don't you start a useful discussion?

Last edited:
You don't have to be defensive, ED, I'm just passing through anyway ;)
What you define as troll-mood is just a mix of sadness and I-told-you-so mentality. The boards are in good shape now, unfortunately the Pandora community isn't. Instead of realizing the situation and making a decision to move completely, you add subsections to gp32x-Pandora which suggests there were a future for Pandora on gp32x. These subsections spread the community core even further apart, because the subsections are pretty inactive. People don't know where to post any more. Well, it's your project and you can do as you wish, which you do anyway.
As for being part of the community, I was part of it, but as you might know, your friend banned me from the official boards and so I was removed from the community ;)
When checking the latest progress I'm actually not that unhappy that I left. Hairline cracks in the cases, screws are still missing and now all the cases are moved over here via plane? Weren't they on the way already? The entertainment value is now somewhere around Charly Chaplin niveau :p

Ok, I admit that the last part is trollish ;)
I might check back in a few months, halt die Ohren steif ;)

mali said:
You don't have to be defensive, ED, I'm just passing through anyway ;)
What you define as troll-mood is just a mix of sadness and I-told-you-so mentality. The boards are in good shape now, unfortunately the Pandora community isn't. Instead of realizing the situation and making a decision to move completely, you add subsections to gp32x-Pandora which suggests there were a future for Pandora on gp32x. These subsections spread the community core even further apart, because the subsections are pretty inactive. People don't know where to post any more. Well, it's your project and you can do as you wish, which you do anyway.
As for being part of the community, I was part of it, but as you might know, your friend banned me from the official boards and so I was removed from the community ;)
When checking the latest progress I'm actually not that unhappy that I left. Hairline cracks in the cases, screws are still missing and now all the cases are moved over here via plane? Weren't they on the way already? The entertainment value is now somewhere around Charly Chaplin niveau :p

Ok, I admit that the last part is trollish ;)
I might check back in a few months, halt die Ohren steif ;)
Hi Mali, too bad you've gone over to the dark side. ;) Come back in a few months and say hi, hopefully this place will shine up once again when the Pandoras will ship more reguraly.

As much of an asshole as Craig has been to him, I don't know if you can blame him. Plus, he's right about the community being in a kinda bad state--the board split is just not a good situation.

absolofdoom said:
As much of an asshole as Craig has been to him, I don't know if you can blame him. Plus, he's right about the community being in a kinda bad state--the board split is just not a good situation.
100% +1...

Mali mentions stuff happening with the board but from my perspective nothing has changed at all even during this big Pandora forum upheaval thing. This is because there is more to GP32x than just the Pandora section :p.

Peter R said:
Mali mentions stuff happening with the board but from my perspective nothing has changed at all even during this big Pandora forum upheaval thing. This is because there is more to GP32x than just the Pandora section :p .

Oh, I think something indeed happened. Bashing isn't as bad as before.
Never was that bad in the WIZ / Caanoo section anyways (except for some Pandora-only fans who probably are at the new boards now).
And that is something really important I think.

Last edited:
Back