[Outdated!] GP32x.com will be back soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: gp32x.de will be back soon!

polkunus said:
PoisonedV said:
"Organization" :lol:
i still don't think that site was DDoS'd. just doesn't work like that. unless Hando has quite a few grudges on efnet...

also you really don't have any knowledge about DDoS's.

Anyone can have knowledge on DDOSing... I learned it in one day from 2 pages 2 years ago. It is so easy to do there are even GUI client apps. Anyone can do it, but it is highly illegal unlike raeping etc.

"Organization" is the wrong word(was trying to type something else); I meant the "culprit"
browsing 4chan for a day doesn't give you knowledge on DDoSing
except in the case of kids who browse sites like those, it's always malicious botnets or voluntary ones distributed across irc networks. only a complete moron would attempt to manually get he and his friends to DDoS something.
and such, no one uses a proxy. no one in a DDoS attempt will get investigated because usually, 90 percent are innocent users who got infected by a botnet. second, "raeping" or whatever the kids call it these days is just as illegal as a DDoS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iorgy77 said:
Does craig and co really want to be seen promoting the use of emulators on a forum they own and operate? By having all the emulator discussion on a third party site it is much easier to use the "the scene did it" defense. But when you own the forum and have control over its content can you do the same?
You're worried about Craig & Co. being responsible for emulator discussion on the forum? Have you seen the content of the videos posted on the official blog?

On the issue of keeping these forums alive or not I could go either way, though I feel it'd be best to concentrate the community onto one forum (considering that this handheld is essentially community driven). It'd probably be easier just to link all the posts here from gp32x.de.

I always feel like I have so much to learn after reading forums like these. Still, glad to hear more thoughts on the cause and about what's going to happen.

I really don't think it would be good for the Pandora if we split the community like this. With the GP2X, the community was as so:

Spanish: GP32Spain
German: GP2X.de
English: GP32X
English: DCEmu.co.uk
(I know there were others, but these are some of the bigger ones)

In the case of DCEmu, the GP2X community was a smaller part of the community, and not a major focus, but in GP32Spain, GP2X.de, and GP32X it was a very large focus. GP32X itself was closer to an international community, because not only did it get English traffic, but it also had many users that were members of the other communities, such as GP2X.de and GP32Spain. It is a strong community, with many committed devs.

The Pandora was created with the help of this community. (There were topics about it's design and suggestions both on GP2X.de and on GP32X, I don't know if there was one for GP32Spain) It is a strong community, and a faithful community, one that we don't want to seperate ourselves from. There are already 2 English communities for the Pandora, (GP32X and DCEmu) do we really need to split the community further?

This quote just about sums up what I'm trying to get at: "United We Stand, Divided We Fall."

-God Ginrai

Am I the only one who believes this will not lead to the certain doom of absolutely everything and split the community?

Kyosys said:
Am I the only one who believes this will not lead to the certain doom of absolutely everything and split the community?

Yes. Er, no.

I think this forum should stay as official support for the Pandora, all the newbs coming here and asking questions rather than gp32x (where Pandora has a small sub section, which doesn't do much for the image)

Kyosys said:

Hey, I'm not going to give up on either forum if they both stay around, but I just don't believe it will be good for the community as a whole.

-God Ginrai

If it will be installed on one server it may be possible to sync forums through some sort of DB converter. Soem time ago i was trying this thing (sync phpbb3 and IPB) ant it was working... kinda..

fischju said:
I think this forum should stay as official support for the Pandora, all the newbs coming here and asking questions rather than gp32x (where Pandora has a small sub section, which doesn't do much for the image)
I agree, I think it would be good if there was a forum like the Newbie section of Internet Tablet Talk (http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26), where there's "No such thing as silly questions" for new users.

And to guide those new users to the correct place, may be we should all flame people who post things like "Pandora is newer than PS3, so it should play PS3 games!" on gp32x so hard they never come back.

In the words of Mrs. Garrison:
Logic and reason aren't enough: You also have to be a dick to everyone who doesn't think like you.

its back up and running ,tho text seems strange ,mabe just my setup.

Iorgy77 said:
Does craig and co really want to be seen promoting the use of emulators on a forum they own and operate? By having all the emulator discussion on a third party site it is much easier to use the "the scene did it" defense. But when you own the forum and have control over its content can you do the same?

Emulators are not, and never ever once have been illegal.

Repeat that 100 times :)

Its various distribution acts that are the hot water. Including a BIOS in an emu, transmitting ROMS that you do not have license to distribute, etc. (And remember many ROMs are public domain or open to distribution, but most are not.)

Know your legals :)

jeff

Hm, I must admit I find the forum software (how it looks like) much nicer here than over on gp32x - it's just so much easier to figure out what I've read and not read already. Among other things.

Plus you don't have to login everytime after you closed the tab

Kyosys said:
Plus you don't have to login everytime after you closed the tab
You don't. That must be your setup - unless I misunderstand you.

Mithrildor said:
gp32x.de is slow again.
Just been back to GP32X and it really is crawling along folks...

Don't worry, it will move soon to this server which will make it much faster.

Last edited:

EvilDragon said:
Don't worry, it will move soon to this server which will make it much faster.
Nice one.

All eggs in one basket then though. If it was DDoS then you might be targeted. Please tell us it's nice and secure.

When it's moved maybe the few updates people have previously talked about can also happen.

So, this forum is going to vanish? There's a lot of good discussions going on in this forum, especially the development sub-forum.

Even a community project is getting started in there, would be quite the loss to lose that informatrion.

MDave said:
So, this forum is going to vanish? There's a lot of good discussions going on in this forum, especially the development sub-forum.
I think the idea has been floated that all the posts from this forum could be moved into the old one (indeed, perhaps that's why the forum structure of this board mimics the old one so closely; to make the moving easier. Except this board has more Pandora-specific sections, but I'm guessing that was going to be done soon on the other forum as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back