Lxde Install Improvement And Youtube Vid

chris_c

I've noticed much slicker response from lxde absolutely NO stability problems

Stuff like Arora which seems to take longer than it should to load in xfce come up straight way
The menu's seem snappier and just more responsive...

I'm currently working out how to let lxde know I'm allowed to shutdown while still working with the gui switching system

take a look here http://www.youtube.com/user/chriscchrisc#p/a/u/0/ZZYJ9-lHrDc
(sorry about the cold - bit grim with the mic!)

This seems to be working great and fast. Can't wait to try it out. Maybe this should become the default gui for the nand aswell if it proves to be stable.

Very nice. Did you have to do anything special to get this running? Or just use the one in the Angstrom repo and tweak a little? If it's not to complicated, instead of hosting a tarball somewhere you might just post the steps to installing it.

mindlord said:
Very nice. Did you have to do anything special to get this running? Or just use the one in the Angstrom repo and tweak a little? If it's not to complicated, instead of hosting a tarball somewhere you might just post the steps to installing it.
Its mostly opkg stuff but it look like I might have to make a battery monitor and there are a few other niggles to work on...

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to install it but lxsession segfaults when I run it. I must have missed something somewhere. I'll try again when I get home.

I might give this a go once I get my Pandora back from repair. XFCE isn't quite responsive enough at 500mhz, and Thunar is annoyingly unstable.

Back