M.A.R.S. - a Ridiculos Shooter

Spheres of Chaos no problem - I used to run that on a 4MHz ARM chip (as opposed to the 500MHz chip in a Pandora) but I don't know if the source was ever released - last time I checked the bloke that wrote it was still writing new versions for the iPhone et al.

Mars looked incredible, so I downloaded and played it. Without someone to play it against it was, OK.

But Levi, thank you SO MUCH ! for mentioning Spheres of Chaos! Once I installed I must have played it for over an hour before my eyes had my brain go funky. Most addictive game I played in a long time. This one HAS to be on the Pandora eventually! AWESOME game!!! I never would have known about. THANK YOU again for mentioning it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how to port software.. Is there a quick, simple way to compile this for the Pandora? Maybe map controls to the nubs?

I wonder how to port software.. Is there a quick, simple way to compile this for the Pandora? Maybe map controls to the nubs?

not a simple recompile...

first thing is the use of a library called sfml. Looks to be similar to SDL, no idea how this will run on pandora. Claims to be linux compat.

http://www.sfml-dev.org/index.php

second is converting all the immediate mode opengl code, possible just time consuming.

third shaders...cant use with es 1.x, appears they are optional to run the game.

Thats all ive seen with a quick poke, not sure how this would run on a pandora. Running it on some older pcs might tell. I think its a possible port, i think i could do it if the sfml would work.

I saw that you had posted... THEN I FELT HOPE!

U0gat.jpg

But yeah, I figured it wouldn't be that simple.

Any challengers?

But Levi, thank you SO MUCH ! for mentioning Spheres of Chaos! Once I installed I must have played it for over an hour before my eyes had my brain go funky. Most addictive game I played in a long time. This one HAS to be on the Pandora eventually! AWESOME game!!! I never would have known about. THANK YOU again for mentioning it!!
Hey, don't thank me - it was Monty who mentioned it first! It is an awesome game though.

@jourdy No Amiga version I'm aware of but it was written on an Archimedes, then ported to Windows and other platforms IIRC. If we ever get an Archimedes emulator it's the first game I'll be playing.

I'd say these two games are pool worthy, especially MARS. It'd be a beautiful way to show off the power of the pandora.

not a simple recompile...

first thing is the use of a library called sfml. Looks to be similar to SDL, no idea how this will run on pandora. Claims to be linux compat.

http://www.sfml-dev.org/index.php

second is converting all the immediate mode opengl code, possible just time consuming.

third shaders...cant use with es 1.x, appears they are optional to run the game.

Thats all ive seen with a quick poke, not sure how this would run on a pandora. Running it on some older pcs might tell. I think its a possible port, i think i could do it if the sfml would work.

OK, what's the fourth step?

Kidding, kidding...

Hmm... So who dares port SFML?

Back