Macromedia Flash Player On The Pandora

Timmy

Still Fresh
Flash is a real important part of the web right? and even more important for some!
As an animator, anime obsessive and linerider pro, flash is real important. I just wanted to ask if a flash engine has been tested, or if it's even possible (I think someone said something about it being possible) and if so, how fast it ran compared to... some pc?

Much appreciated!

Flash has recently opened its standards a whole lot (under adobe, btw) and there are also already other reimplementations. its likely to get on there, but i doubt it would be very viable for much other than simple games and videos.

Timmy! said:
Flash is a real important part of the web right? and even more important for some!
As an animator, anime obsessive and linerider pro, flash is real important. I just wanted to ask if a flash engine has been tested, or if it's even possible (I think someone said something about it being possible) and if so, how fast it ran compared to... some pc?

Much appreciated!
Hold yer horses! WE have to wait until we can get it ported. Which might be a while!

Last edited by a moderator:
Timmy! said:

Much appreciated!
I'm pretty sure that Flash will be ported soon enough. Just give it some time.

Next time, please use the search function, or at least browse past the first page, before making a post like this.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...73&hl=flash

-God Ginrai

first off it has been Adobe Flash Player for quite some time...

and the developers of gnash have stated that the "documentation" released by adobe is practially useless to them since they already have an implementation that works with real flash out in the wild (wereas if a flash player were based solely on the spec it probably wouldn't even work at all )

also... Adobe Flash 10 is ported to arm it is just a matter of either:
1. adobe releasing binaries for the pandora directly (IMO preferable)
2. possibly grabing the libs from another device that has flash support ie n800 and friends

thanks for the replies :)

Yes, sorry about the company mix up. Adobe are massive now aren't they... and so expensive

So, it comes down to the fact that someone would have to steal a version of flash compatable with the Pandora from another device.

Yep, borrow a compatible version and use it for a short while till Flash 10 is out for free, anyway :)

Timmy! said:
So, it comes down to the fact that someone would have to steal a version of flash compatable with the Pandora from another device.
unless you are ok with a flash player that works only with some contents (gnash) but is free software and will probably be ported to pandora quite soon.

I use it on my laptop: it isn't as bad as one could think

Back