Madmix V2.0b Final Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
zikitrake released a new version of MadMix, a very cool Pac-Man-like game (just MUUUCH better!)

madmix.jpg

Download: MadMix v2.0b Final

maybe evil dragon thinks clonk is a superior pacman...

or maybe just for fun he is swapping links to get people to try new things.

I gave this a go last night, and overall it's one kickass piece of homebrew. The artwork is excellent, from the title screen to the original in-game graphics. The title screen music sounds very good too, too bad it doesn't play during the game (only at the menu screen).

There is only one thing that bothers me, and that is the game's difficulty. I gave it several tries and simply could not finish the first level. I think part of that is because it's hard to keep track of the map's structure, and the other is that the ghosts move at the exact same speed as you do, so no more outrunning them - at least on the first level...

- Alex

Alex. posted on Sep 21 2006 at 01:40 PM said:
There is only one thing that bothers me, and that is the game's difficulty. I gave it several tries and simply could not finish the first level. I think part of that is because it's hard to keep track of the map's structure, and the other is that the ghosts move at the exact same speed as you do, so no more outrunning them - at least on the first level...

- Alex

Now, I'm not the most hardcore gamer in the world, and even I managed to complete the first level on my second try...so it can't be that hard :)

Third time i tried the "extend" version (which is what you get from pressing the left shoulder button on the start screen) to see what that was, and what happens is that you get a zoomed-out view. So if you have trouble navigating the map - Extend! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back