Mailing list has changed

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As Debian Bullseye removed Mailman 2 and moved on to Mailman 3, the mailing list stopped working in August.

It wasn't trivial to set it up - as my server uses virtual hosts, etc. and the instructions weren't THAT good....
However, it's now back in a working state.

If you want to subscribe / unsubscribe from the mailing list or just read the various topics, you can go here:

As basically the only active mailing list is the pyra kernel mailing list, there is mostly low-level stuff happening there.
So especially devs with a good knowledge of hardware and drivers are invited to help us squish all the bugs :)

It’s great to see it working again, though the readability is definitely not as good as before; it looks quite jumbled (it isn’t really, it’s in time sequential order, it just looks jumbled) because the replies to replies aren’t offset from each other or differentiated by colour. Basically, something seems to be off with the formatting :(

It’s great to see it working again, though the readability is definitely not as good as before; it looks quite jumbled (it isn’t really, it’s in time sequential order, it just looks jumbled) because the replies to replies aren’t offset from each other or differentiated by colour. Basically, something seems to be off with the formatting :(
Indead much less clean than the previous mailinglist pagel.

I'm not sure. You used to go in via a tree view of the month in question, right? With this new system you only see the head posts, and you have to click on their titles if you want to read replies. It doesn't seem to allow replies to replies in a true nested fashion; I think all replied to replies end up being shows as replies to the head post. That's a definite disadvantage, everything else is just a different way of showing things which I think you'll adapt to.

With forums like this one vs tree-structured forums, people change the way they post depending which type it is. With a mailing list, if the main posters are reading it by email and the website is just a view onto that, I guess the logical structure of the conversation gets built onto the structure of email.

I was wondering about whether the people who write most of the messages are doing it by email. And if the web interface is really a view into something else, it's not about whether 2D or tree is itself better, but about which gives a clearer view of that something else.

I must have missed something - from where do I access the web interface?

I was wondering about whether the people who write most of the messages are doing it by email. And if the web interface is really a view into something else, it's not about whether 2D or tree is itself better, but about which gives a clearer view of that something else.

It's a mailing list, accessible via the link in the OP. It's mainly talked to via email, yes, and I believe the web interface is simply a record of the emails.

Applying to the list seems a bit much for somebody who cant contribute to it.
I'm not sure I've ever posted to the list, but it certainly helped me see activity in the long wait for the pyra. Of course, it probably helps that I'm using a proper email client (claws-mail) which displays threaded emails properly, and I'm not swapping one web interface for a web mail interface.

Back