Main Page

dwarf shortage
Website
Visit site
Why don't these topics come through on the main page? I see them to be no less important than the Pandora one, which is all I can see under 'general'.

Edit: We might actually get more than 10 people posting in these forums if this happens.

pandora said:
Why don't these topics come through on the main page? I see them to be no less important than the Pandora one, which is all I can see under 'general'.

Edit: We might actually get more than 10 people posting in these forums if this happens.
i quite agree. it's a shame the wiz doesn't appear to get as much 'buzz' as the pandora . i keep expected a flood of different topics and posts about ppl getting excited about the wiz - after all, it looks set to be released long before the pandora - but they never happen

i'm a fan of both by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, don't be 'jealous' of the Pandora forums - too much moaning and groaning.

The Pandora doesn't make it as far as the main menu yet...

actually i go on here from time to time to get away from the moaning and groaning - very therapeutic!

TaG said:
? what do you mean?

I'm beggining to think these forums are becoming somewhat Pandora - biased. Hopefully the comercial release of the Wiz will remedy that.

It's already been stated (I do not have the source handy) that the Wiz sections will be added shortly after release. That has been the plan all along. It's not so much that these forums are Pandora centric, it's just that there is more to talk about concerning the Pandora at the current moment. Once the Wiz hits daylight, things will balance out.

pandora said:
TaG said:
? what do you mean?

I'm beggining to think these forums are becoming somewhat Pandora - biased. Hopefully the comercial release of the Wiz will remedy that.
On the main page, gp32x.de, there is a menu on the left. Neither the wiz or Pandora are there yet. Of course the forums are 'Pandora - biased' - that's where everybody is posting. There is so much speculation and bitching that many posts and whole threads are pointless. There may be less going on here now but that will change when units and software become available.

'shortly after release'? Why is the Pandora any different?

It's refreshing to see some hate in the DiscussionCube

Edit: TaG, just seen your post. You're right, more than half the posts/thread under 'pandora' are usless, boring shit.

TaG said:
Seriously, don't be 'jealous' of the Pandora forums - too much moaning and groaning.

More than that. The Pandora doesn't even exist at all quite yet :p

mindlord said:
It's already been stated (I do not have the source handy) that the Wiz sections will be added shortly after release. That has been the plan all along. It's not so much that these forums are Pandora centric, it's just that there is more to talk about concerning the Pandora at the current moment. Once the Wiz hits daylight, things will balance out.
Why does the Pandora get special treatment. Technically speaking, this website is more geared towards the Wiz so if anything should get royal treatment it is that.

I was toying with the idea of starting an exclusive Wiz website/forum at one point but I decided it probably wasn't worth it.

Edit: I do still intend to start some sort of Wiz magazine at some point if I can get enough volunteers. I'll probably make it machine readable so you can read it on the Wiz. Either by just releasing it as an archive of images (if the built in Wiz image viewer is good, else I will make a simple viewer).

You're right, new forums wouldnt be worth it. GPH machines live here :)
I don't know about a magazine. Sounds good, but I can remember a few gp2x ones which never kicked off.

Why does the Pandora get special treatment. Technically speaking, this website is more geared towards the Wiz so if anything should get royal treatment it is that.

Well, GPH didn't even send hando, the board admin, even a gp2x. I did it. They never did send him anything.
So he rather did want to support us and not the WIZ...
Another reason is that he has VERY little time... and set up the Pandora section long before the WIZ section. Back then, he had a bit more time for that.

pandora said:
Agreed, shame we don't have any mods on our side. ;)
Well, I like and support the WIZ as I like and support the Pandora.
And I'm a mod... so? ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Well, GPH didn't even send hando, the board admin, even a gp2x. I did it. They never did send him anything.
Another reason is that he has VERY little time... and set up the Pandora section long before the WIZ section. Back then, he had a bit more time for that.
That implies that he has been promised a free Pandora :p. So of course no-one should ever do anything out of the kindness of their heart and must always be bribed by free things then?

Peter R said:
EvilDragon said:
That implies that he has been promised a free Pandora :p. So of course no-one should ever do anything out of the kindness of their heart and must always be bribed by free things then?

I noticed after you got your free wiz you were very vocal against the pandora.

The pandora has more discussion because its roots are in this community and it has had its share of contoroversy lately. The only feedback that GPH listened to in regards to the wiz was to scrap the dir pad button layout. I will probably get a wiz when it comes out, but unless you have one at the moment there is nothing to discuss. But there is plenty to discuss in regards to the Pandora because it is still being developed and nobody has actually seen one, yet many of us have paid for one.

If you want more wiz news, create it. Sam/Peter take some high res photos of your dev wiz from all different angles or videos of it actually running something, I'm sure that will get some discussion.

Peter R said:
I do still intend to start some sort of Wiz magazine at some point if I can get enough volunteers. I'll probably make it machine readable so you can read it on the Wiz.
Keen to help here. Why not make it in Flash? I can create a viewer in flash with page turns etc that supports text, images, links etc.

That's true actually, I've been back and forth as of let since I thought I would have my hands on a Wiz by now, waiting til mid march kinda blows since my GP2x is pretty much dead. I'm going to end up with both, I'm going to be waiting on the second batch for Pandora (unless a slot opens when I have money again), hopefully GPH doesn't mess up the initial batch of Wiz.

Iorgy77 said:
If you want more wiz news, create it. Sam/Peter take some high res photos of your dev wiz from all different angles or videos of it actually running something, I'm sure that will get some discussion.
2nded.
He's right, it'll get more attention

Edit: The reason the pandora gets more discussion is because there is more to 'look at'. Kind of ironic seeing as the Wiz actually exists.

pea said:
Keen to help here. Why not make it in Flash? I can create a viewer in flash with page turns etc that supports text, images, links etc.
Merely as I don't have six billion dollars to buy Flash. I don't mind how it is distributed, it's the actual magazine that matters.

Well, how about I make a player in Flash, and you can then make the content? You won't need Flash. We can come up with some format for the data/articles - probably XML with images etc in a subfolder...

Back