Mains Adaptor Questions....

vanzan

Still Fresh
Can I use a mains adaptor from a local electronics shop for my GP32???

If so are there any things I should be aware of? I've seen something about the polarity on other posts....please help...thanks!

the polarity must be negative

there should be a switch on the plug.

if there aint dont use it

i think its 3 volts

The best "ideal" DC Adaptor for the GP32 uses the same TYPE of connection as the Gameboy, but with the polarity reversed (Negatve on the inside). Volts should be selectable to 3, mA (milliAmps) should be within 300 to 500 mA. I think mine is 600, but so far, I've been lucky (knock on wood). As for the cord, try for an adaptor with a cord of at LEAST 6 feet. Longer is better, but nothing's perfect

MilliAmps don`t really matter at all (I`m using a 1250ma power supply), Just so long as:

The polarity is centre negative (Look at the diagram on bottom of the GP32 near the mains socket).
It can supply more than 300ma (for Nlu) or 500ma (for Blu).
It has a 3 volt selector, Which you need for the GP32.
It has the right size pin to fit the GP32. :rolleyes:

Make sure the polarity is correct BEFORE you even think of pluging it into the GP32, As you will definitely KILL your GP32 instantly, I know from personal experience. :(

Trooper

Hey I got an unregulated ac adaptor before looking and now realise I need a regulated one.....just one thing else though.....I found the connection between the GP32 and the adaptor very loose...it didn't quite perfectly fit in the little hole.....

anybody else have this problem? If not can you suggest where to get a good adaptor? thanks again

Back