Making A Gif From Avi

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
Anyone able to do this for me?

Using a pretty basic laptop here that freezes every 5 or 10 minutes. Think it's some sort of hardware problem as I've already formatted and reinstalled windows. I'm going to throw it in the bin when I finish Uni this year :).

Much love.

Hi finty,

Long time no see. Hows life treating you ?

Anyway, Just a few questions, As i think i`ve got my dopey head on today. :p

Do you want to convert an entire movie or just a short clip.

Are you asking for someone to do the job for you or requesting a guide and/or
software so you can do the job yourself ?.

If it is the former then i would be willing to do this as i have done this a few
times before, One being my avatar.

Let us know if you still need help.

Regards

Trooper

Hello trooper nice to see some old regulars still about. Have to say I'm not that into handhelds these days although I have been keeping an eye on the pandora. Other than that life is great, can't beat being a student :D.

It's basically 5 seconds from a short video file I have, I want the GIF for an avatar for another forum I visit. I have tried a couple of different programs but with this laptop I've had no luck so I would really appreciate it if you have the time. I'll email you the avi if that is ok?

If you can get inside your laptop, then you might be able to remove some dust that can cause it to overheat maybe. Who knows? not me...

Almost forgot about this, in the middle of exams at the minute so things are a bit hectic.

quote said:
I don't want to see your sex Gifs.
But they're real good ;) .

http://www.mediafire.com/?dfmd2cztmjm

There is a link to the avi file. Basically from about 14 seconds to 19 seconds on a loop. (If you're thinking WTF it is a local inside joke about crap cars (306's) :) )

Maximum size for an avatar on this other fourm is 200x200. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done this before with GIMP. Well, you first need to get screencaps from frames of the video, and then use GIMP or another program to make those into a gif. You need to look at maximum file size more than resolution because that's what will determine how many frames you can get in. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=745643

Virtual Dub: File -> Export -> Image Sequence

Also, Microsoft Gif Animator does everything to GIFs you want it to. I think. Maybe you're a pervert, who knows.

finty said:
Almost forgot about this, in the middle of exams at the minute so things are a bit hectic.

quote said:
I don't want to see your sex Gifs.
But they're real good ;) .

http://www.mediafire.com/?dfmd2cztmjm

There is a link to the avi file. Basically from about 14 seconds to 19 seconds on a loop. (If you're thinking WTF it is a local inside joke about crap cars (306's) :) )

Maximum size for an avatar on this other fourm is 200x200. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can do this.

How's this? :)

28cpo36.gif

Attachments

• 28cpo36.gif
    28cpo36.gif
    402.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
Back