Making Graphics?

Septera

Can someone tell me a good program to make sprites and such?
Cause I am oging to make a game but I need to make the graphics first.

I find Macromedia Flash is really awesome for drawing game graphics...especially due to the ease of exporting high quality pictures with alpha channels for slick edges B)

I know loads of programs support Alpha but its so simple with Flash, plus just for pure vector control its really flexible!

I usually use MSPaint for pixel-work, like sprites that are small. If you want vector graphics, you can use paint shop pro (probably photoshop too), but it's not free.

All of the good vector art programs aren't free. >_<

There is a good alternative for paint shop pro and i think it's for free too.
Not sure because it was for free on a pc magazine CD.

the program is called Ability Photopaint.
Maybe it's possible to download it. chearch through google... ;)

A program called "pro-motion" is the best pixel painting program that I use. It even allows animation frames for sprite animation etc. It is a clone of Deluxe paint II on the amiga but has more features.

Microangelo isn't free but it's not expensive either I don't think.

I need it anyway because I use it to draw & manage icons for Windows apps I write, but it's great for pixel editing too.

And avatar editing...

I usually use MSPaint for pixel-work, like sprites that are small. If you want vector graphics, you can use paint shop pro (probably photoshop too), but it's not free.

All of the good vector art programs aren't free. >_<

yeah, i use paint 2, but photoshop would probably be ur best shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with DaveC, Pro-motion is the best i've seen for sprites, if you have ever used deluxe paint or not, you will be happy with it.

Back