Mame Wip...

Jaw posted on May 19 2005 at 06:19 PM said:
how do bubble bobble and double dragon run? they're like the best games ever!

Bubble Bobble and Double Dragon don't run now at 100% with fs0-1, sorry... yet... I will see...

Last edited by a moderator:
GiG posted on May 19 2005 at 09:54 PM said:
GiG posted on May 19 2005 at 06:28 PM said:
100%, frameskip 0-1, 166Mhz....... with sound?!   :eek:

I don't know, Franxis didn't answer.

Yes, with sound.

Games at 166 MHz with fs0 at 100%: Classics (Pacman, Frogger, Mr.Do, etc), 1942...
Games with fs1 at 100%: Pinball Action, Bomb Jack, Gunsmoke, Commando, Tetris... A lot !
Almost all games with fs0 or fs1 are perfect.

Games with problems:
Ghosts & Goblins still with fs2 but now is a lot faster than before...
Later games: Snow Bros, Karnov, Contra, Double Dragon... Games are significative faster than in previous version, but not 100% (only 100% without sound).

All tests with sound, 166 mhz, underclocking 20%, single buffer video mode.

Sound is a bit better than before (because the emulator is now faster, and my sound core skips less updates per second to maintain a playable speed). It will be better with more optimizations. It will be 'crystal sound' with a lot of more work and/or help (asm z80 and 68000 cores, video update in asm, sound mixing in asm, help with the sound...).

Regards.

TelcoLou posted on May 18 2005 at 07:43 PM said:
AWESOME news!!!

Um, would anyone happen to know where I can get "GP MAME Launcher 1.1" ?

The link on Franxis' site is NG ... and I tried looking over at GPspain, but no go :(

Anyone? I know I'm not popluar here and not well-liked and all, but certainly someone else may have been curious? :)

TelcoLou posted on May 20 2005 at 12:56 AM said:
Anyone? I know I'm not popluar here and not well-liked and all, but certainly someone else may have been curious? :)
It seems to be gone, and I can't find it in the file archives either. I suppose I could send you my copy of the launcher, but I am not quite sure which version I have. It seems to be 1.0.

Franxis posted on May 19 2005 at 11:46 PM said:
Yes, with sound.

[...]

Sound is a bit better than before (because the emulator is now faster, and my sound core skips less updates per second to maintain a playable speed). It will be better with more optimizations. It will be 'crystal sound' with a lot of more work and/or help (asm z80 and 68000 cores, video update in asm, sound mixing in asm, help with the sound...).

Regards.

My god! If you really convert everything in asm it will run at lightspeed! Go, Franxis go! I thought you were using asm already!

Han posted on May 20 2005 at 04:17 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on May 20 2005 at 12:56 AM said:
Anyone? I know I'm not popluar here and not well-liked and all, but certainly someone else may have been curious?  :)
It seems to be gone, and I can't find it in the file archives either. I suppose I could send you my copy of the launcher, but I am not quite sure which version I have. It seems to be 1.0.

I have the same launcher ... it's very convienient, but since I managed to grab MAME 1.1 from Franxis' site before he had to remove it ... oh well.

Thanks again for your response and offer :)

TelcoLou posted on May 20 2005 at 10:31 PM said:

I have the same launcher ... it's very convienient, but since I managed to grab MAME 1.1 from Franxis' site before he had to remove it ... oh well.

No problem :) ... But why did they remove the launcher?? It wasn't part of the MAME emulator, and shouldn't have been affected by the MAME Gnu(if Gnu is the right word for it :) ). And it was stored on GP32Spain...

Han posted on May 21 2005 at 02:24 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on May 20 2005 at 10:31 PM said:

No problem :) ... But why did they remove the launcher?? It wasn't part of the MAME emulator, and shouldn't have been affected by the MAME Gnu(if Gnu is the right word for it :) ). And it was stored on GP32Spain...

I don't think it was on purpose. I'll see if I can find it and put it on the file archive.

edit: One problem: The only places that have ever had it for download are GP32spain and Franxis' site. Neither of them have it anymore.

Franxis posted on May 19 2005 at 02:46 PM said:
GiG posted on May 19 2005 at 09:54 PM said:
GiG posted on May 19 2005 at 06:28 PM said:
100%, frameskip 0-1, 166Mhz....... with sound?!   :eek:

I don't know, Franxis didn't answer.

Yes, with sound.

Games at 166 MHz with fs0 at 100%: Classics (Pacman, Frogger, Mr.Do, etc), 1942...
Games with fs1 at 100%: Pinball Action, Bomb Jack, Gunsmoke, Commando, Tetris... A lot !
Almost all games with fs0 or fs1 are perfect.

Games with problems:
Ghosts & Goblins still with fs2 but now is a lot faster than before...
Later games: Snow Bros, Karnov, Contra, Double Dragon... Games are significative faster than in previous version, but not 100% (only 100% without sound).

All tests with sound, 166 mhz, underclocking 20%, single buffer video mode.

Regards.

Are you gonna use Cyclone 68000? Or make one yourself...

Blah posted on May 22 2005 at 04:11 AM said:
edit: One problem: The only places that have ever had it for download are GP32spain and Franxis' site. Neither of them have it anymore.
Yes, and I think the link on Franxi's site was to GP32 Spain as well. Oh well, maybe it will resurface when v1.2 is released...

Franxis - maybe this is a stupid question but I will ask it anyways :D In percentage, how much of a speed improvement would you say this WIP is over the last version 1.1? It sounds like it's a very large speed improvement. I can't wait to play this....

My biggest wish.... Gyrus at 100% speed at 166mhz and FS 0-1 and sound. Have you tried this one yet? My favorite old arcade game ever!

Well many of us were predicting that your first release was just the tip of the iceberg and it seems we were right :) The GP has a lot of steam left in it

Thanks Franxis for your great work... I bought an extra SMC just to put this emulator!

Back