Mame4all 1.0 F200 Lockup Problems

kingdomecome

Still Fresh
I have come across this issue with Mame4All 1.0 on a few occasions. Sometimes I'll run certain games, for example 1942 (set 1). The game froze on the title screen and I had to shut the power off the machine since none of the other buttons work. Then I'll turn the machine on and run Mame4All. Instead of being able to choose the rom you want, it instead goes to GP2X Clock, Video Depth, Video Aspect etc. screen for 1942 and the screen is frozen...no buttons work. To remedy this issue I reinstall Mame4All and everything works until I come to a game that crashes and the same results occur for the next game.

The strange thing is I have no problems running any other emulators except for Mame4All 1.0 and also PocketSNES will also sometimes lock up when choosing a rom and then I have to go and reinstall the emulator again. I'm not overclocking and leaving the default settings. Could this be a faulty machine? Or do you think that a future firmware might solve these issues?

I'd like to note that playing AVIs, MP3s, Rage2x (NeoGeo emulator), DrMD (Genesis emulator), and FCEUltra (NES emulator) all work flawlessly.

kingdomecome said:
I have come across this issue with Mame4All 1.0 on a few occasions. Sometimes I'll run certain games, for example 1942 (set 1). The game froze on the title screen and I had to shut the power off the machine since none of the other buttons work. Then I'll turn the machine on and run Mame4All. Instead of being able to choose the rom you want, it instead goes to GP2X Clock, Video Depth, Video Aspect etc. screen for 1942 and the screen is frozen...no buttons work. To remedy this issue I reinstall Mame4All and everything works until I come to a game that crashes and the same results occur for the next game.

The strange thing is I have no problems running any other emulators except for Mame4All 1.0 and also PocketSNES will also sometimes lock up when choosing a rom and then I have to go and reinstall the emulator again. I'm not overclocking and leaving the default settings. Could this be a faulty machine? Or do you think that a future firmware might solve these issues?

I'd like to note that playing AVIs, MP3s, Rage2x (NeoGeo emulator), DrMD (Genesis emulator), and FCEUltra (NES emulator) all work flawlessly.
Do a fresh install (delete the directory in the SD, add the emulator and the roms) and try again. Try to use less overclocking. In my GP2X i'm able to use 275 MHZ, but in MAME4ALL i use 250 MHZ (with higher clocks speeds i get crashes randomly). Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back